Earplugs for Gigs

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    @sgosden I use Pro17s but I've only had them for a couple of months. They're very comfortable and they lower the band's volume down to TV level. There's no eq problem for guitar (I used ACS generics before which rolled off the guitars a bit causing me to pick harder or mess with the eq). I can't recommend them highly enough - I think 17s would attenuate enough for all but the loudest of bands. A great side effect is I can hear all the mistakes we make near the end of the set :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3113
    tFB Trader
    I ordered a pair of ACS Pro17s today and going to have my moulds taken later this week. I've always used earplugs but only the cheap ones which is a bit silly. Spending all day testing amplifiers really does hurt after a while so hopefully these will be a huge improvement.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Looks like I'll be ordering some. We tend to have a really loud stage, but anything will be better that the standard dulling ones that I take out after 2 songs :P 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Before ordering ACS, please check out the Read Audio plugs. Far better sound, far more comfortable and far easier to sing with.

http://www.read-audio.com/
    (No affiliation)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    I've always owned (stupidly not always worn) Docs pro plugs which are pretty discreet and meant to attenuate loud volumes by -20db 
  • ibisibis Frets: 8
    I've used ER20s for years but have just bought a set of Eargasm plugs that are less noticeable. 
  • oktorocktooktorockto Frets: 86
    simonk said:
    Before ordering ACS, please check out the Read Audio plugs. Far better sound, far more comfortable and far easier to sing with.

http://www.read-audio.com/
    (No affiliation)
    I'll second this. Got some recently, fantastic plugs, quick service, different approach. Definitely better.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    I would recommend the ACS ER-20's too, I used to use them years ago when I was starting to go to and play gigs regularly. Eventually I invested and got the Pro 17 moulded ones which are a much better fit and I can hear everything clearly just at a lower volume. Also helped I was alumni at a music institute so entitled to a discount!

Get the best you can afford, there's no replacement on losing your hearing.