Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• Hi everyone, don't forget to check out the ARMS global test punch this weekend. you can download it now, it's essentially a free demo of the online multiplayer for a limited time. I'm seriously thinking about getting the game and I this will make my mind up for me.

Also, I got snipperclips last week. It's a lot of fun! and the difficulty seems to ramp up nicely.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Hi everyone, don't forget to check out the ARMS global test punch this weekend. you can download it now, it's essentially a free demo of the online multiplayer for a limited time. I'm seriously thinking about getting the game and I this will make my mind up for me.

Also, I got snipperclips last week. It's a lot of fun! and the difficulty seems to ramp up nicely.
    Street Fighter II is also out this Friday!  Thanks have it on preorder, can't wait to get it.  
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    I'm so gassing for a Switch right now. Needless to say, this thread really isn't helping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I got Street Fighter II and it's amazing!  Highly recommended.  The online mode is great also, I think I will pay the yearly fee for the online gaming service from Nintendo.  
  • I got Street Fighter II and it's amazing!  Highly recommended.  The online mode is great also, I think I will pay the yearly fee for the online gaming service from Nintendo.  
    yeah must pick this up, have you tried playing it with just one joycon?
    I got Street Fighter II and it's amazing!  Highly recommended.  The online mode is great also, I think I will pay the yearly fee for the online gaming service from Nintendo.  
    yeah must pick this up, have you tried playing it with just one joycon?
    Yeah, and it's OK, a bit fiddly for me as I have big hands and it would take some getting used to.  The best is playing it on a TV.  
  • Anyone given ARMS a go this weekend? its just 1 hour slots, one in the small hours, one at 1pm and one at 7pm. I played it this evening and I was very impressed. Nice game modes, quick lobby system, surprisingly interesting gameplay. I will give it another go tomorrow but I'm pretty sold on it.
    Anyone given ARMS a go this weekend? its just 1 hour slots, one in the small hours, one at 1pm and one at 7pm. I played it this evening and I was very impressed. Nice game modes, quick lobby system, surprisingly interesting gameplay. I will give it another go tomorrow but I'm pretty sold on it.
    How does that work?
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited May 2017
    @bingefeller download ARMS global test punch from the eshop (you can do this whenever). They turn the server on for those periods, if you try at other times it won't connect. There are quite a few more slots coming up tomorrow and next weekend i think. When it is open you do a quick tutorial, game versus the computer then you get put in a lobby and can try a few different game modes against other online opponents.
    From here:
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/May/Ready-for-action-Here-s-when-you-can-play-the-ARMS-Global-Testpunch--1226965.html

Sunday May 28th 01:00 – 01:59 BST 13:00 – 13:59 BST 19:00 – 19:59 BST
    Saturday June 3rd 01:00 – 01:59 BST 13:00 – 13:59 BST 19:00 – 19:59 BST
    Sunday June 4th 01:00 – 01:59 BST 13:00 – 13:59 BST 19:00 – 19:59  BST
    @bingefeller download ARMS global test punch from the eshop (you can do this whenever). They turn the server on for those periods, if you try at other times it won't connect. There are quite a few more slots coming up tomorrow and next weekend i think. When it is open you do a quick tutorial, game versus the computer then you get put in a lobby and can try a few different game modes against other online opponents.
    From here:
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/May/Ready-for-action-Here-s-when-you-can-play-the-ARMS-Global-Testpunch--1226965.html

Sunday May 28th 01:00 – 01:59 BST 13:00 – 13:59 BST 19:00 – 19:59 BST
    Saturday June 3rd 01:00 – 01:59 BST 13:00 – 13:59 BST 19:00 – 19:59 BST
    Sunday June 4th 01:00 – 01:59 BST 13:00 – 13:59 BST 19:00 – 19:59  BST
    Cheers!  Just downloaded it.  
  • I does have USFii
    I does have USFii
    What do you think?  Who is your favourite character?  

I quite like Fei Long and Sagat.  
  • I does have USFii

Had a quick go, plays really nice visuals are great. Normal difficulty is way too easy played through it with Ken with no continues and lots of perfects.

I mainly play with Ken or Ryu but I am quite good with most of the characters 
    I does have USFii

Had a quick go, plays really nice visuals are great. Normal difficulty is way too easy played through it with Ken with no continues and lots of perfects.

I mainly play with Ken or Ryu but I am quite good with most of the characters 
    Yeah I found the same, I changed it to tough for more of a challenge.  

I didn't think much of the "classic" graphics though, especially the way in which they have a border around them.  I don't remember the classic graphics being as blocky as that.  
    I downloaded Arms and didn't really like it to be honest.  I found it hard to play with the controllers detached and attached.  Splatoon 2 might be good when it comes out.  Hopefully you will be able to download a demo.  
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I'm looking forward to Splatoon.

I fancy getting Disgaea but I'm not sure I can manage another 100 hour game.
    DanR said:
    I'm looking forward to Splatoon.

I fancy getting Disgaea but I'm not sure I can manage another 100 hour game.
    I'm not an RPG fan because of the amount of time you have to put in to them!  100 hours is mad.  

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Is Bomberman worth the £30 it's on offer at.
  • DanR said:
    Is Bomberman worth the £30 it's on offer at.
    It's been around/below £30 mark on eBay for a while now for the physical version which I'd prefer (easy to sell if I didn't like it!). If it was on offer for the download at a tenner it would be a no brainer, £20 I'd probably get the download but for £30 I'd want the cart.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    I didn't get it because there were lots of really bad reviews of the controls and responsiveness, might be worth it if subsequent updates have improved it