Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Just done the first set. Bit dead here so if anyone wants to make it to Great Barr for the second set at half ten...
    ... apparently we can't play the second set until the boxing finishes. Never playing this shit hole again :angry: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 909
    Just done the first set. Bit dead here so if anyone wants to make it to Great Barr for the second set at half ten...
    ... apparently we can't play the second set until the boxing finishes. Never playing this shit hole again :angry: 
    I never understand pubs who book bands then don't let them set up/play until the football/boxing/rugby has finished...if you and your punters would rather watch the sport than listen to a band...don't book a band, then fuck them about...as you can tell...has happened to us a few times and never ceases to piss me off....!
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    I agree, we had it a couple of times with England matches, trouble is when we booked the gigs n one knew when the matches would be.
    Don't touch that dial.
    skaguitar said:
    I never understand pubs who book bands then don't let them set up/play until the football/boxing/rugby has finished...if you and your punters would rather watch the sport than listen to a band...don't book a band, then fuck them about...as you can tell...has happened to us a few times and never ceases to piss me off....!
    Fez said:
    I agree, we had it a couple of times with England matches, trouble is when we booked the gigs n one knew when the matches would be.
    I think this would have been predictable. Can't say it was my favourite gig ever. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    Does anyone here ever turn up to an advertised gig, or is this thread just for pub bands to parade their gigs? Anyway, Urban Legends are at the New Market Inn in Nottingham town centre on Friday. New venue for us.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Roland said:
    Does anyone here ever turn up to an advertised gig, or is this thread just for pub bands to parade their gigs?
    u ok hun? x
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    We're at the Royal Clarence in Seaton tonight.
    Roland said:
    Does anyone here ever turn up to an advertised gig, or is this thread just for pub bands to parade their gigs? Anyway, Urban Legends are at the New Market Inn in Nottingham town centre on Friday. New venue for us.
    I've never been to one but I find it interesting what people are up to. Although I'm not sure anyone consistently posts everything they do on here. 
    I'm pretty much of the view that you are only any kind of a musician if you play to other people so three chords in a pub band to me is a great thing .

If anyone wants to hear my three chords this week it's a Sunday tea time gig at the White Horse in Derby city centre. Rough as a bear's arse and a ridiculous journey for me  but they do support live music ( well, tribute and cover bands but people with actual instruments at least). 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    EricTheWeary said:

I've never been to one but I find it interesting what people are up to. Although I'm not sure anyone consistently posts everything they do on here. 
    I often forget to post.
    I'm pretty much of the view that you are only any kind of a musician if you play to other people so three chords in a pub band to me is a great thing .
    It's another aspect of musicianship. I think that you can have a lot of fun learning, recording, and solo performing. Working with a band, where you have to rein in your technical capabilities and work as part of a team, is a definite skill.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    One upmanship time we will be playing 4 chords at Horsham Fakefest 4o'clock this afternoon.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • We are at The Knapp Inn, Beaminster tonight...
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    edited June 2017
    Playing tomorrow night 6/6/17 at 

Bremen Teater, Nyropsgade 39-41, 1602 Copenhagen, Denmark.....

With the Klezmatics, if anyone's in the vicinity...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    If anyone gets lost in deepest Essex I'm playing with a country band outdoors at the Swan Inn Little Totham (Maldon) on Friday 8-10pm for thier beer festival.
    If thats not embarresing enough I'm back with the funk band the following Friday. I've decided to wear different spandex pants for the two gigs so people won't recognise me!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited June 2017
    Cairo East are playing on Saturday 17th June from 9pm:-

The Windsor Castle
    378 Carshalton Road
    Carshalton
    Surrey
    SM5 3PT

Free Entry.

C'mon down and have a moonstomp.

Thanks
    http://i.imgur.com/EFpgq7K.jpg

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Playing The Thirsty Farmer, Whimple tonight, then the diminutive, and slightly sticky, Volunteer in Honiton tomorrow.
    Nothing this weekend but next weekend Borrowed Time have two gigs. The first is an acoustic set at the Shelley Arms in Broadbridge Heath then on Sunday afternoon first gig with new drummer at the Dolphin in Littlehampton.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Private function last night - a 50th birthday in a social club. The room sounded good and it was a good party. However, it was the SMALLEST stage in the world. I mean there are 9 of us admittedly but the distance between my amp and my pedals was my shoe size. Shame really as I like to have a little bit of a dance when were playing. 
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Anyone going to Tandem Festival in Oxford this weekend? We are playing tonight and tomorrow evening (different band)!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    My second consecutive Friday at Little Totham Swan beer fest. This time it's funk n' disco.
    Weather looks great, the 8oz burgers are from the local butcher (very nice) and the atmosphere is very pleasent. Nice dogs are welcome too.
    We have 8-10pm slot outside.