SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

East Mids Bon Jovi long shot

What's Hot
horsehorse Frets: 1563
Very very long shot really... I recently joined up with a bon jovi tribute on keys, mainly playing the late 80s rockier tracks, sounding great, good bunch of guys.

Unfortunately for personal reasons the singer is needing to step aside and as you'd expect they are not easy to replace :-(

On the offchance that anybody know anybody who might be good for this, please do let me know.

Also, does anybody know of any east midlands rock pubs which do kareoke? Thinking that might be one possible way to find someone.

Any other creative ideas for finding somebody?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    I suggest you put out a WANTED ,DEAD OR ALIVE    alert.........sorry couldn't resist
    Joinmy band.com  or some of the other websites -all your local rehearsal studios (poster ),music shops,Bon Jovi fan -sites 
    Not hard to find a vocalist but very hard if they have to be a bit of a look-alike 
    One could say You're living on a prayer 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Dominic said:
    I suggest you put out a WANTED ,DEAD OR ALIVE    alert.........sorry couldn't resist
    Joinmy band.com  or some of the other websites -all your local rehearsal studios (poster ),music shops,Bon Jovi fan -sites 
    Not hard to find a vocalist but very hard if they have to be a bit of a look-alike 
    Raise your hands if anyone has any more bon jovi puns!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    horse said:
    Dominic said:
    On Any Other Day I would Always have puns..

But today is no Bed of Roses...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    horse said:
    Dominic said:

I thought we'd never say goodbye to the current guy...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    horse said:
    horse said:
    Dominic said:

I thought we'd never say goodbye to the current guy...
    Sounds like you need some Bad Medicine
    It's going to be a runaway success once we've found the right guy
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Facebook groups as well. The East Midlands musicians one is quite small but that and there are probably ones for Derby ,etc. Maybe even a Bon Jovi Facebook group. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Facebook groups as well. The East Midlands musicians one is quite small but that and there are probably ones for Derby ,etc. Maybe even a Bon Jovi Facebook group. 

Thanks - I guess part of the challenge is that vocalists maybe don't group into communities like other musicians. I was wondering whether there might be some kind of musical theatre scene I could tap into or something like that.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    horse said:

Thanks - I guess part of the challenge is that vocalists maybe don't group into communities like other musicians. I was wondering whether there might be some kind of musical theatre scene I could tap into or something like that.
    I think there's some truth in that, although finding a singer with no band experience can be a royal pain on the arse. Am Dram groups often do musicals (again, might be Facebook groups or contact them directly) and approaching singing teachers is another idea ( quick google brought up a bunch around Derby just for example). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Thanks Eric - singing teachers is a good idea - probably need some proper technique to reach the high notes
    Still keeping the faith on this
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jamesguitarjamesguitar Frets: 141
    I work with a singer that nails that stuff, but is based in London so would depend on what fees you guys command. He can comfortably hit the top notes (key change in Living On A Prayer etc), is about 30, very confident on guitar and has even supported Bon Jovi with his originals band in Australia. Let me know about fees and if you like I'll put you in contact. Cheers,

James
    I work with a singer that nails that stuff, but is based in London so would depend on what fees you guys command. He can comfortably hit the top notes (key change in Living On A Prayer etc), is about 30, very confident on guitar and has even supported Bon Jovi with his originals band in Australia. Let me know about fees and if you like I'll put you in contact. Cheers,

James
    Pm'd