Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Yes, next step is to get a date. I will do some diary trawling later and firm one up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    @digitalscream ........can we have this 'Stickied' please?
    Done :)
    Thanks Lee.
    Alnico said:

.........So we need to register Interest.
    If @Bridgehouse does the booking we need a minimum of 10 people who are serious about attending and we can call definites.
    Including myself and bridgehouse I'll put those up here and please copy and paste yourself in if you can definitely say you'll definitely turn up and you don't mind paying between £7 and £10 up front to bridgehouse......

1 - Bridgehouse
    2 - Alnico
    3 - Octatonic
    4 - TheOtherDennis
    5 - Strumjoughlamps
    6 - Flink_Poyd
    7 -
    8 -
    9 -
    10 -

If we're lucky enough to get more than 10 people who can say for 100% sure they'll attend and they don't mind paying up front then great it'll cost less for everyone. Once we've made the booking anyone else who wants to attend can do so for free or chuck a couple of quid at bridgehouse when they get there...........or buy some coffees.........yeah, I think I prefer a round of coffees bought. Let's see what happens.

Yes, 6 Definites so far.
    All those who won't know until nearer the time etc,.........that's cool, we just need 10 people who will pay up front and commit to being there. Everything after that is a bonus and those who are pushed for time or uncertain due to commitments shouldn't feel any pressure.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Depending on the exact date I'll be a maybe. Is this a daytime or evening do. If evening maybe drinks after? If so is there a Travelodge or summat nearby?
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I'm happy to commit to paying and attending if I can make it, losing the money if I can't make it is an acceptable risk to make sure this goes ahead. Good enough? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    monofin said:
    Depending on the exact date I'll be a maybe. Is this a daytime or evening do. If evening maybe drinks after? If so is there a Travelodge or summat nearby?
    I was thinking later morning or lunch start for the travellers, probly a Saturday and into early evening, then drinks and maybe a spot of food. There's loads of cheapo travelodge type places in Leicester 
    edited July 2017
    monofin said:
    There's almost certainly a hotel somewhere nearby.
    If anyone does need a hotel, I think a few of the others are Leicester locals...........probably @strumjoughlamps would be the best for local knowledge but that's only a guess.

If you can make it Jase it would be great to have you there.
    I'm happy to commit to paying and attending if I can make it, losing the money if I can't make it is an acceptable risk to make sure this goes ahead. Good enough? 
    Yes, more than. 

Thanks. That's seven so we are only three off. One more and I'll sub the rest till we get the numbers up so it's looking more and more like a definite goer
    Plenty good enough.
    I'll add you to the list now.
    Thanks for your support.
    Alnico said:
    Alnico said:

.........So we need to register Interest.
    If @Bridgehouse does the booking we need a minimum of 10 people who are serious about attending and we can call definites.
    Including myself and bridgehouse I'll put those up here and please copy and paste yourself in if you can definitely say you'll definitely turn up and you don't mind paying between £7 and £10 up front to bridgehouse......

1 - Bridgehouse
    2 - Alnico
    3 - Octatonic
    4 - TheOtherDennis
    5 - Strumjoughlamps
    6 - Flink_Poyd
    7 - LegionReturns
    8 -
    9 -
    10 -

If we're lucky enough to get more than 10 people who can say for 100% sure they'll attend and they don't mind paying up front then great it'll cost less for everyone. Once we've made the booking anyone else who wants to attend can do so for free or chuck a couple of quid at bridgehouse when they get there...........or buy some coffees.........yeah, I think I prefer a round of coffees bought. Let's see what happens.

7 Definites so far.

Any more beginners/never played live members want to jump in and have a go?
    @ennspek .........do you fancy this?
    I'm most of that, but I think you knew that already. I go to my local studios with some friends for a jam once a week but I'm still shit ;) 

I'm most of that, but I think you knew that already. I go to my local studios with some friends for a jam once a week but I'm still shit ;) 
    You will be less shit than you think. I stake a pint of leicesters finest ale on it
    In our Jam, NO-ONE is shit.
    There aren't many rules but that is RULE no. 1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Alnico said:
    Is rule 2 "don't talk about Jam Club" ?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Alnico said:
    Is rule 2 "don't talk about Jam Club" ?
    No.
    Rule No.2 is keep the coffee mugs full.
    :)
     I stake a pint of leicesters finest ale on it

• monofin said:
    it's a Travelodge that is nearest to Quad I think, about 1/2 mile or so away, then you have a Prem Inn and IBIS near the train station.