Fretboard Jam 2017 - Logistics

What's Hot

Comments

• I'd definitely be down with the idea of food. Something more sociable and less expensive like a bbq perhaps? I wonder if they'd let us use a corner if the car park? 
    we had a big(BIG) fire just around the corner from Quad a few months ago so I would say a BBQ in the car park will defo be a no no...

any peeps stopping over if you wanting a night out be it a meal, wine and convo or a piss up, nightclub and a kebab then I will certainly be up for sorting that out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    I'd definitely be down with the idea of food. Something more sociable and less expensive like a bbq perhaps? I wonder if they'd let us use a corner if the car park? 
    we had a big(BIG) fire just around the corner from Quad a few months ago so I would say a BBQ in the car park will defo be a no no...

any peeps stopping over if you wanting a night out be it a meal, wine and convo or a piss up, nightclub and a kebab then I will certainly be up for sorting that out.
    I kinda am thinking the former has more appeal for me personally, would be a little risque with just the two of us though!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @Legionreturns

My transport arrangements have altered slightly so it might help someone else out and it needs to be mentioned before someone arranges to jump in my car from Bedford.

Because I don't get up to the Fatherland very often and because my Dad's 1968 Yamaha 12 string acoustic has already been to see @SteveRobinson ;, been recommissioned after decades of being an ornament and is home at Mum's place waiting for me, I will be driving from Leicester *after* the Jam session on Saturday evening to Liverpool and NOT coming home to Bedford until the Sunday. Mum has given me his old guitar and I rather desperately want to go and collect it so as I'm already halfway there in Leicester with a car it makes sense to carry on that night and stay at her place to do so.

I'll be staying at my Mum's place (Aintree) for one night and then heading back on the Sunday to Bedford.
    So....
    I'm still VERY happy to help out with any lifts needed but it'll be:

Bedford > Leicester Saturday Morning
    Leicester > Liverpool Saturday Night
    Liverpool > Bedford Sunday Morning

If what you need ties in with that, let me know who you are and what you need.

If you end up staying in Leicester overnight but still need to get back to my Area (ish) on Sunday, that's not rocket science either, to pop back into Leicester to collect you on Sunday.
    Let me know and we can plan something if it helps you out.

ALSO if anyone has any gear that needs shifting around the country, as long as it's not too far off the beaten path, let me know and I'll see if I can integrate that into my journeys. I'll have a reasonably sized car with folded seats and I'm only taking one passenger if I take anyone to keep the rear space for guitars and amps for me or both of us.

@Legionreturns ........would you 'Quote' the list again and put me as Coming from Beds but heading back to NW Saturday then from NW to Beds on Sunday, please?

We should keep that list current anyway so it's easy to find.

Thanks everyone.

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I'll sort it later on bud, cheers

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    I'll sort it later on bud, cheers
    No worries, thanks as well.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    edited July 2017
    I'm only about an hour away I'm near Wellingborough Northants so I'm likely just going along the A14 then up the M1.  So probably not much help to anyone!
    Just spotted this, chap...

I'm just outside Kettering (Burton Latimer) so you are probably passing by en route to the A14. Happy to split fuel costs if you fancy sharing your car with a complete stranger!! :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

impmann said:
    I'm only about an hour away I'm near Wellingborough Northants so I'm likely just going along the A14 then up the M1.  So probably not much help to anyone!

I'm just outside Kettering (Burton Latimer) so you are probably passing by en route to the A14. Happy to split fuel costs if you fancy sharing your car with a complete stranger!! :-)
    Yeah no worries bro.  Was sort of waiting to see who was around our part of the world.
    impmann said:

Yeah no worries bro.  Was sort of waiting to see who was around our part of the world.
    Cool. :-)

Nearer the time, we can sort out the logistics offline. Thanks!

impmann said:
    impmann said:

Cool. :-)

Nearer the time, we can sort out the logistics offline. Thanks!
    No worries, I was thinking of staying over if we were all getting drunk, but overall it looks like people are heading home so I probably will as well!
    Ok,

@monofin has had to pull out.

@spark240 you have his place now on the main list

The reserve list is no longer in that post because of the unique way this forum works and the post being too many characters long to edit it in anymore, even though it was allowing me to beforehand.

It's here for now, ....maybe @digitalscream can help me with this one?

@hywelg
     @stevie_the_spy
     @HPhillipsmusic
     @TimmyO

You guys have all moved up one place in that order.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26452
    @Alnico - not sure I can do much about it, but I'll try. Failing that, I might be able to insert an extra comment as the second one in the post, thus giving you something else you can edit. It'll have to wait until tonight, though...
    <space for hire>
    @Alnico - not sure I can do much about it, but I'll try. Failing that, I might be able to insert an extra comment as the second one in the post, thus giving you something else you can edit. It'll have to wait until tonight, though...
    Ok, it's only 4 names so it's no Big issue, It's easy for me to keep track of.
    Thanks Lee
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Alnico said:
    Ok,

@monofin has had to pull out.

@spark240 you have his place now on the main list

The reserve list is no longer in that post because of the unique way this forum works and the post being too many characters long to edit it in anymore, even though it was allowing me to beforehand.

@hywelg
     @stevie_the_spy
     @HPhillipsmusic
     @TimmyO

You guys have all moved up one place in that order.
    Maybe @spark240 could pay @monofin the £8 fee so everyone is square and equal?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    Alnico said:

@hywelg
     @stevie_the_spy
     @HPhillipsmusic
     @TimmyO

I realise that I'm no @digitalscream, but I've fixed it.
    :P
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:

@hywelg
     @stevie_the_spy
     @HPhillipsmusic
     @TimmyO

Oooh, get you, all techie and stuff :)
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:

@hywelg
     @stevie_the_spy
     @HPhillipsmusic
     @TimmyO

Thanks  @TTony.
    Can I still edit it again when it needs to be done?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    Try it @Alnico ;
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    Try it @Alnico ;
    ;)
    Thanks that works great !

We'd managed to lose @impmann in the editing and it was only showing 29 people so I've added him in again and checked it against the paper list I have here which all looks to be correct.
    Alnico said:
    TTony said:
    Try it @Alnico ;
    ;)

We'd managed to lose @impmann in the editing and it was only showing 29 people so I've added him in again and checked it against the paper list I have here which all looks to be correct.
    I'm easily forgotten, Mark! ;-)

impmann said:
    Alnico said:
    TTony said:
    Try it @Alnico ;
    ;)

I'm easily forgotten, Mark! ;-)
    NO you're not!

The character length issue is due to the editor counting every blank space as a character. It can do some crazy things sometimes, or at least it does to me.

You're not forgotten, in fact I knew when I looked through the list who was missing just by looking.

:)