My humble weekly recordings

What's Hot
carloscarlos Frets: 3426
edited August 2017 in Making Music
Fuck you, drew
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    You didn't specify that you were looking for critique so I'll take a chance here.   Late Green is really nice.  On the Princess Sonata I think your technique is more advanced than your sense of timing.  You're using lots of cool lead guitar finesse but I think if you were to practice playing lead scales with a metronome and pay attention more closely to the timing of the music you're playing over it'll sound a lot smoother.  You're on the right track though.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3426
    You didn't specify that you were looking for critique so I'll take a chance here.   Late Green is really nice.  On the Princess Sonata I think your technique is more advanced than your sense of timing.  You're using lots of cool lead guitar finesse but I think if you were to practice playing lead scales with a metronome and pay attention more closely to the timing of the music you're playing over it'll sound a lot smoother.  You're on the right track though.  
    I wasn't, but thanks! 
    On the timing I had a click track doing the backing chords, but then switched it off to record the soloing which I think was a mistake. Either way, I was trying to mimic this style - 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Wow!  I like a lot of "out there" music but this is a bit too angular for me.  I see your point though.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

Heh. Can you see where I'm coming from, though? I appreciate the feedback
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Incredibly poor recording quality, can't really evaluate this because of it.
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Incredibly poor recording quality, can't really evaluate this because of it.
    Trolls should stick to speakers corner which is all they're good for. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Not trolling. I wouldn't share anything that poor.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    edited August 2017
    I haven't even got to hear it, but surely this should be a place for constructive, positive criticism?  The only way any of us improve is by receiving decent feedback?

No newbies or nervous recorders will really feel like sharing their work if this is the feedback they'll receive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    carlos said:
    I wasn't, but thanks! 
    On the timing I had a click track doing the backing chords, but then switched it off to record the soloing which I think was a mistake. Either way, I was trying to mimic this style - 
    I like Sonny Sharrock ... and I liked that track. Where's your music? Don't be put off at the first hurdle ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    IS there a link to this music, have I missed something?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Snap said:
    IS there a link to this music, have I missed something?
    I think that he deleted it and left after some adverse comments ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    @carlos

Sorry this thread went the way it did (and before I've heard anything). Posting anything online can be terrifying, even if you've been recording for years. 'The internet' can be rough and this forum is no execption.

You might want to try posting your stuff again in this thread
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/102622/beginner-player-recordings-ill-show-you-mine-if-you-show-me-ours

where I think you will get a more supportive response.

Don't let it get to you and keep being creative.