A veritable bargain...

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Lawsuit model?

What were they suing for? Cruelty to music?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited August 2017
    He's missed a decimal place or two in the price...
    We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    I love "lawsuit era".

So, it may not be any good but it was made in an era when some guitars made locally to it were quite good.

By that same token, I must be a world-class footballer since I once kicked a tin can n the terraces at White Hart Lane when Glenn Hoddle was playing.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    I'm always entertained and frustrated in equal parts by the Car Boot trader mentality.

They might as well just say:

"I bought this last Sunday for a Tenner. I know f*ck-all about guitars, but it's old, so it must be worth something.

After 10 minutes "research" on the internet, I now know the terms 'lawsuit', "vintage" and 'mojo'. I'll therefore be making a virtue of the fact that the tat I'm peddling is battered, damaged and missing parts. I haven't tested it fully because I actually don't know what I'm looking at/for anyway.

I also haven't bothered to look at Sold prices on eBay, I've just looked at what other unrealistic greedy tw*ts are asking".

At least it would be honest... :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    All his other items are also priced at the more deluded end of the scale.
    If you really want this guitar he might accept £1200.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Care in the community.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Only yesterday, I had a soldering job on another guitar from that era - a sorely neglected Hondo Deluxe Series model 781. (Explorer-meets-Stratocaster, spider's web graphic, very Vim Fuego!). The pots guzzled a lot of Servisol electro-lubricant. Unscrewing the jack socket plate to clean the contacts revealed that the body was constructed of the finest tone woods laminate. The neck profile was of Telecaster proportions. The single humbucker behaves like one of those OEM DiMarzio Super Distortion clones that Hondo and S.D. Curlee used to install on some models.

In short, the guitar was horrible but it rocked. £1250? I think not. Try £12.50.
    Be seeing you.
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    This made me laugh.Thks for posting
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    For a non guitar expert he certainly sounds like he knows a lot about his "Tokia".

Maybe it's more of a 'Toker'.
  • steersteer Frets: 1160
    Just over a year ago a guitar exactly the same as my Hondo strat sold on ebay for less than twenty quid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    edited August 2017
    So basically your role here Harry is to take the piss out of people selling guitars on eBay. Kind of like a modern day Mary Whitehouse
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    DesVegas said:
    So basically your role here Harry is to take the piss out of people selling guitars on eBay. Kind of like a modern day Mary Whitehouse
    No no no. Harry's role is to hoover up guitars and store them in a huge shed.

He only lists the ones here that are so shit that even his shed would reject them.

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to refute this view if @HarrySeven ever comes across a Harmony H22 Batwing Bass...
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    @DesVegas - Nah, I'm just holding a mirror up to nature. :)

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Well, somebody is having a giraffe!