Alegree - New pickup models

What's Hot
AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Today I've introduce a few designs that I've been sitting on for a while.

Death Valley Junior neck pickup 

A modified version of the Death Valley neck humbucker that takes the aims of the original just a bit further. Resulting in a neck humbucker that has little in common with the typical neck humbucker.  
https://www.alegree.co.uk/collections/humbucker-sized-pickups/products/death-valley-junior-neck-position

Desert Dew bridge humbucker sized P90

The desert Dew bridge is a design that has been requested multiple times and been made to custom order thus far. Every time it has proven very popular, so it now joins the neck position as our first complete humbucker sized P90 set.
https://www.alegree.co.uk/collections/humbucker-sized-pickups/products/desert-dew-humbucker-sized-p90Desert Dew P90 set

After finishing the Desert Dew set there was no reason to not make it in P90 format too, so here it is.
https://www.alegree.co.uk/collections/p90-sized-pickups/products/desert-dew-adapted-humbucker-sized-p90-p90s

Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3490
    The top one looks very interesting indeed.  I may well get one at some point. 

Good to see the bridge DD's on your website.  My bridge DD P90 sized HB is f**ing awesome.  The slight compression of both DD's make them really versatile.  Great pickups. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Nice stuff! 
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Thank you :)

The DD's caught me off guard. I didn't have any idea they'd find themselves a popular pick for Jazz, but they just seem to have fallen straight into it. Most people who end up asking me about the best pickup for their Jazz guitars usually start at the DD for reasons unknown to me.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    How do you measure how hot a pickup is? I thought it was the resistance, but on the original death Valley it says the resistance is 17.5k and that its possibly the hottest passive pickup available. I'm sure I've had pickups with a higher resistance than that before though.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    edited August 2017 tFB Trader
    DefaultM said:
    How do you measure how hot a pickup is? I thought it was the resistance, but on the original death Valley it says the resistance is 17.5k and that its possibly the hottest passive pickup available. I'm sure I've had pickups with a higher resistance than that before though.
    Common misconception - resistance is linked somewhat to output, but it isn't an indication of it unless comparing two pickups that are both otherwise identical.

Output is a derivative of number of wire turns and the magnetic flux density. Both of which are exceptionally high for the Death Valley bridge (and pretty high for the neck too). Let's say for example if it was wound with a Seymour Duncan JB's wire, the resistance would be around 22k, a BK warpig, around 27k. It's hot. But due to the design of it, it's been described as having the characteristics of a hot PAF. Which arguably makes it perceived as being hotter just by the extra clarity and treble content.
  • Those desert dews look interesting. Consider them added to my shortlist...