Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jams - the future - calling all North and South residents!

What's Hot
BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
edited August 2017 in Events
I know the first one hasn't happened yet

However, knowing how much is involved in organising, I'd like to give us as much time as possible for any future endeavours. 

Now, I'd be prepared to do 3 a year. A south, a midlands and a north. North can be as north as it takes. (I draw the line at Iceland)

I would like to use this thread to gauge interest, discuss regularity, locations and other such subjects.

None of the other participants in the Sept 2nd Jam need feel they have to get involved.

My Starter for 10 is:

- January post-xmas cheer me up Jam, probably dahn sahf

- May oop norf extravaganza

- September back at Quad midland jam fest 

We would need to find suitable venues, and we could potentially have 30 attendees at each one. I would run the same format as the current sept session for ease. 

If it's a go-er I suggest we organise the next two in parallel, and do song lists for Jan in Oct-Dec and for May in Feb-Apr

They will only happen if there is sufficient interest.

Anyone want this to happen? If not, I'll crawl back under my rock
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    Make it so.

It might be easier to build the enthusiasm off the back of #1, and the chat and videos.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    I could be up for the ooop north one - unless I'm suddenly overcome with shyness.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    Two ways it could go.

If I love the jam as much as I hope, you can put me down for the midlands one forever, or until I die, whichever is sooner.

If I do terribly, lose my sh*t and screw up royal, I'll drive home and you'll never hear from me again....

Seriously though, you guys have done a great organisation job, its no doubt going to be a massive success, and it sounds like a good plan to me!

Depending on where it is I may be able to participate in others.  If all my Oasis suggestions get binned off a Manchester jam though, I wouldn't risk entering the city, they love their lager fuelled Beatles-copyists up there! :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Yes Capt'n!!

Agreed about videos etc. I just wanted to get the ball rolling and get people thinking about it. 

I see other forums doing these sorts of things very successfully (*cough* bass bash *cough*) and wouldn't want us all here to fall behind. 

Perhaps we might attract a few more supportive sponsors? *flutters eyelashes*
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I'm printing up my Sassafras name badge at this very moment.
    Dahn sahf and oop north folks - where would be the best locations geographically to hold such events to get widest possible participant capture?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    Seen as the midlands one is in Leicester, I'd use Nottingham for up north, and Northampton for down south ;-)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I'd be up for the sahf and Mids sessions. When you say Sahf, how far sahf do you mean? 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Dahn sahf and oop north folks - where would be the best locations geographically to hold such events to get widest possible participant capture?
    Ooop north would be best in Manchester. Ideally Chorlton....
    Ooop north would be best in Manchester. Ideally Chorlton....
    Lazy git... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well, for reference I would say South needs to be at least as south as Oxford/Reading/Swindon,

and North presumably can either be somewhere on a line in between Leeds and Manchester (not the motorway services either!!) or, we need to go reet up north and try to encourage some of our Celtic brethren..

or maybe both - maybe we could do a Scottish jam in between as well.. 
    Quite a big facility in Welwyn Garden City. Farm Factory Studios. I think they have 7 separate rooms. Is that far enough sahf? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Nikko said:
    Quite a big facility in Welwyn Garden City. Farm Factory Studios. I think they have 7 separate rooms. Is that far enough sahf? 
    Is that west enough to capture some of our SW brethren, or should we go a bit more west and move away from the M1 corridor?
    A quick google suggests a few studios in Bristol if you want to catch the "geroff moi larrnnd" part of the country? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A quick google suggests a few studios in Bristol if you want to catch the "geroff moi larrnnd" part of the country? ;)
    Do they let you back out if you go that far across? ;)
    You get chased out with fire and pitchforks ;) 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader

and North presumably can either be somewhere on a line in between Leeds and Manchester (not the motorway services either!!) or, we need to go reet up north and try to encourage some of our Celtic brethren..
    there is a nice farm on the M62 between Manchester and Leeds that sits in the middle of the 2 carriage ways  - so yes the east bound and west bound carriage ways, for about a mile or so are wide enough apart to have a farm in the middle and between the 2 out side lanes - maybe good for a rehearsal there

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Probably not West enough, no @Bridgehouse ;
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2866
    I could be up for the ooop north one - unless I'm suddenly overcome with shyness.
    Terry Morgan is attending so that should be fun ! :)
    Do they let you back out if you go that far across? ;)
    Yes but you have to pay a tithe in goats, and/or pasties.