Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jams - the future - calling all North and South residents!

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    On that note tho, is Swindon a viable spot for a south Jam? Does that suit enough of you southern types?
    @TimmyO ;

Whats the population like out there nowadays?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I'm happy to be involved in the Southern one.
    Maybe for the next one I do some guitar bass or keyboard playing, rather than drums.
    Or a mixture?

Swindon is perfect for me.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    octatonic said:
    I'm happy to be involved in the Southern one.
    Maybe for the next one I do some guitar bass or keyboard playing, rather than drums.
    Or a mixture?

Swindon is perfect for me.
    You will def. need a rest from drums!!

We will need to find a drummer up north and down south.. 

Swindon is looking like a possibility to capture both ends of the southern area...
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Swindon great idea. Closer than Leicester for me.

Thing is ... when i lived in Surrey, everything the other side of London was 'north'. Now I'm in Worcestershire, i guess everything that's past Junc 4a of the M5 is 'north'.
  • Well, for reference I would say South needs to be at least as south as Oxford/Reading/Swindon,

and North presumably can either be somewhere on a line in between Leeds and Manchester (not the motorway services either!!) or, we need to go reet up north and try to encourage some of our Celtic brethren..

or maybe both - maybe we could do a Scottish jam in between as well.. 
    If I'm coming down from Newcastle for a Midlands jam, you French twats can bloody well go proper North! Leeds is still the Midlands as far as I'm concerned! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well, for reference I would say South needs to be at least as south as Oxford/Reading/Swindon,

and North presumably can either be somewhere on a line in between Leeds and Manchester (not the motorway services either!!) or, we need to go reet up north and try to encourage some of our Celtic brethren..

If I'm coming down from Newcastle for a Midlands jam, you French twats can bloody well go proper North! Leeds is still the Midlands as far as I'm concerned! 
    You raise a good point, m'lad.

Leeds (ish) is a good start for North.. or we could go the other side and go Preston way?
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    I think a good reason why the September one took off so quickly is because Leicester is easily accessible from a wide area (eg direct train from Cambridge where I'm based). I'd therefore suggest central rather than West / East, say Oxford or even Watford / Milton Keynes rather than Swindon or Bristol.

I'd potentially be interested in the Southern one, and in the Northern one if it's in Leeds, as my folks live there :-)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Oxford is a good shout- I might be able to assist with finding a location with that as it is my patch.
    octatonic said:
    Oxford is a good shout- I might be able to assist with finding a location with that as it is my patch.
    I used to live round them parts so I know the area.

Location help always appreciated tho
  • Well, for reference I would say South needs to be at least as south as Oxford/Reading/Swindon,

You raise a good point, m'lad.

Leeds (ish) is a good start for North.. or we could go the other side and go Preston way?
    In all seriousness, Leeds is probably best given transport connections etc. If there's an Edinburgh one too that would be easily accessible.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    edited August 2017
    I'm in for "oop north".  I live in a hovel beside the M61 so can get fairly easily to Manchester / Leeds / southern Scotland or points between.

I might also be able to round up a tame(ish) drummer, although he is in two bands, so I couldn't ask him to turn down a paid gig.

*edit* If it's to be in May, I'd prefer early May, as Our Maud carts us off on our hols late May.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    Eh up.

Yep I've organised Swindon ones in the past - happy to do so again (venue, hotels, whole weekend of general wine women and song if folk are up for that lol)

What Swindon lacks in charm.it.makes up for in communication  links, facilities and moderately priced beer.

Plus, you know, me
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9550
    Up for the South one. I'm in West Sussex, but suspect you'd need to be more Surrey/Berkshire for accessibility.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • I'd be up for the North one. Leeds would be a very fair and reasonable compromise.

i am in Leeds. :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I'm in for the Southern one. Would prefer any  location as long as it is in London or Kent or Sussex or Surrey or Hampshire. Apart from that I'm easy. 
  • I don't know much about the plan for these but do you have a rhythm section that will accompany? Will there be loose jams or just meeting to play a collection of songs?

I kind of imagination that drivelfest that was on TV around 20 years ago that featured Satriani, May, Walsh, etc. where they competed playing solos. And that's a bit of a turn-off.

Regards,

A miserable Northern bastard
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    I don't know much about the plan for these but do you have a rhythm section that will accompany? Will there be loose jams or just meeting to play a collection of songs?

I kind of imagination that drivelfest that was on TV around 20 years ago that featured Satriani, May, Walsh, etc. where they competed playing solos. And that's a bit of a turn-off.

Regards,

A miserable Northern bastard
    There will be write ups and media etc from the September jam soon so you can see exactly what's involved. Nothing like you imagine it...
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4670
    There's something rather quaint about Manchester being described as "the North"...its not even halfway up! 
    I do agree - even Leeds is suspect north ;)
    Leeds is definitely southern north so quite ok.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I couldn't care less where a jam is, I have friends and family all over and travel lots so I'll find an excuse! 

• Swindon-ish would be good for me - I'm just down the road in Chippenham and wouldn't mind coming along to one if the timings are ok