Amplitube users what do you use to control virtual Wah or volume pedals?

What's Hot
I have used Amplitube for several years but when I recently bought the Jimi Hendrix pack I found it has a lot of wah sounds that need a pedal to operate. Is the Stealth pedal the only controller or are there any other options?
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fez said:
    I have used Amplitube for several years but when I recently bought the Jimi Hendrix pack I found it has a lot of wah sounds that need a pedal to operate. Is the Stealth pedal the only controller or are there any other options?
    Anything that takes midi .. I use my old Line 6 controller. Boss do one that should work. Behringer do midi foot controllers as well.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I've got an M-audio EX-P expression pedal connected to the input of my Novation Impulse 61 keyboard, which in turn is connected to my computer via USB (midi). This allows me to control the various volume/wah pedals in Amplitube.

In my DAW (Reaper) I set one track to record midi with my Impulse keyboard as the midi input. I then route the midi to a second track set to record audio (i.e. guitar) and have the Amplitube VST on that track.

There may be different set ups in other DAWS.
    It's not a competition.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    I just draw it in the automation lane 90% of the time. If it's a part where each is critical I use a real one. Obvs that's all just for demos for real rcordings I would track a real amp anyways.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    Thanks Guys. I thought there must be alternatives to the stealth pedal which would seem a bit of overkill as I already have an interface.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I use an old Native Instruments Rig Control 3 - works great.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    A bit late to the table, but I have an old Zoom 4040 that has MIDI out and works very well.
    Thanks @dogload  and @Gagaryn  I will look at those but I think the line 6 one maybe front runner.
    Don't touch that dial.
    Line  6 pedal acquired - let battle with midi commence.
    Don't touch that dial.
    Success Line 6 FBV express driving the wah wah in Amplitube running in Reaper. Using @stratman3142 's method I could see a midi signal I downloaded the software but still no worky so a bit of head scratching and I thought to click the monitor on the midi track and bingo wacka wacka. So soon I will have to delve into the world of controlling other parameters with the expression pedal.
    Don't touch that dial.