My first bass, PRS SE content...

Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
edited August 2017 in Bass
So, been wanting a decent bass guitar for a long time now and this came up on eBay at a decent price. It'll be here in the next few days and I'm looking forward to plugging it into my Fractal to see how it goes. 

I have a Custom24 which I love, and although it's at a different price point entirely, I think the PRS feel is kind of there with SE models I've tried, I know it'll play well and will give me the feel I like about my 24. Fingers crossed!

Looks like he's switched the stock Pickups for Seymour Duncans too, which is a nice bonus.

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Interested in what you make of this ... I've been half looking for one too.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @TTony I'll let you know my thoughts. Was a bit of luck and chance timing that I found what I was looking for really! :-)

• Looks good - multi laminate necks are nice on bass (helps them be stiffer to deal with the energy from the big strings) and that bridge looks nice.

Havent tried one will be interested in your thoughts
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    switched the stock Pickups for Seymour Duncans too, which is a nice bonus.
    SD make two models of bass guitar pickups of that appearance. 

The Blackouts For Bass active pickups are Very Metal. The Phase II passive units are functional but inoffensive. A quick look in the control cavity for a PP3 will confirm which you have. In either case, the STC-2C-BO active EQ could be worth adding.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • @guitarfishbay thank you mate, I'll let you know once I've played it more, but I just got it and it's a really nice bass...for my needs and my expectations anyway...it far exceeded them! Very happy!

@Funkfingers thank you very much, I'll have a look and will investigate, I just got it today and not had much time to check it out.

Here's a pic of the two new instruments, both beautiful and both have far exceeded my expectations. Lovely!