Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Charitable sale and raffle. 100% of the proceeds go to two special causes.

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
edited September 2017 in Off Topic tFB Trader
So I said I wasn't going to sell any more Veterans... however I desperately want to raise some funds for two charities that have become dear to me and my wifes heart so hopefully people will understand why I am doing this.....

to save me boring you guys, me and the missus have been through the mill a touch during the birth and immediate aftercare of our daughter Eleanor, heres the thread

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/110613/a-stressful-time-and-a-nbd/p1

the TL/DR version is that both nearly died, but things have improved immensely thanks to two wonderful Special Care Baby Units.

So, as you can imagine, having had these wonderful places save both my wife and daughter and provide them with fantastic care I want to try and give back to enable the units to fund equipment and aftercare that the NHS cannot provide but is vital to parents who fins themselves with premature babies. The two charities I'm going to give 100% of the proceedings to are:

https://gossetfundraising.wordpress.com/about-gosset-ward/

https://www.ssnap.org.uk/fundraising

the reason its split is because we had to be cared for in two hospitals, Oxford John Radcliffe SCBU and Northampton SCBU.

I am therefore proposing to donate 3 special edition Germanium Veteran Pedals to this cause. To differentiate them from the main run, all three will have bespoke serial numbers, bespoke Knobs, a different colour Led arrangement, signature Thorpyfx Barefoot buttons and a signature Thorpyfx Gravity Pick too. On top of this they will have a signed certificate of thanks from me and my wife and both will be signed internally too. I guess most importantly though, all will sound bloody awesome, these will ship at the end of september as I've had to order a tiny run of enclosures to be made.

Here are the key points of how this fundraiser will work:
  • I will be selling 2 units at £300 each. These are available to the first people who PM me who want them. (Both sold now) 
  • the third unit will be raffled off here. There will be a maximum amount of tickets sold of 100 only. Tickets will be priced at £10 each and you can buy as many as you like too. just send £10 by PayPal gift to thorpy6@googlemail.com and ensure you put your name in the comments section
  • To ensure the draw is random @TTony has agreed to let his pup choose the winner in the time honoured traditional way.

Hopefully if all tickets are sold and all goes well this means we will have raised a very useful sum for these worthy charities.

If you don't want to take part in the raffle but still want to donate, please feel free, all donations will be gratefully received: anyway here are some pics, as you can see Eleanor is now doing very well, albeit still diddy:

http://i.imgur.com/uqenv7x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7lnClXN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/epGJbFO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TW3OdM9.jpg

A big thanks to @TTony and @digitalscream for allowing me to run this here.

Hopefully this video will whet your appetite, its the video we recorded of the Veteran germanium pedal. The raffle version will have barefoot buttons, different colour knobs and different colour LEDS, however the tone will be the same for you to enjoy.

here are some pics too!!

https://i.imgur.com/RN9IqiX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0Ucyku3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EwQtfvR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dmjBLvH.jpg

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    One of the for sale veterans has gone. One more left And the raffle one too. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    ThorpyFX said:
    God bless you man.
    I'll see if there's any raffle places left on Monday when I've got some money.
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    Alnico said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    God bless you man.
    I'll see if there's any raffle places left on Monday when I've got some money.

Payday here so £10 on its way to you for one ticket
    edited August 2017 tFB Trader
    We are down to the raffle now. Both for sale ones have gone. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    edited August 2017
    I didn't know about the baby, nothing more distressing than a poorly child. I hope she is doing better now. 

Yeh, put me down for the raffle please. There might be a slight delay in sending the money as I find PayPal confusing and rarely use it but I'll get onto it straight away! 

Edit : done. Not entirely straightforward although the money should have gone. Bloody PayPal :anguished: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited August 2017
    A worthy cause. What's the closing date or open till 100 sell @ThorpyFX?
    tFB Trader
    A worthy cause. What's the closing date @ThorpyFX?
    You know I hadn't thought of that. 10th of September as that is one day past Eleanor's due date!! If the tickets sell out before then, we shall do the draw sooner. 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

Entered, a very noble cause.

SSNAP have done some great things up at the JR.

• I've sent my £10 in. Best of luck to mum and baby and everyone involved in the raffle!
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    sending now
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    Stickied.

It'll be more noticeable when the Jam is over (and those threads unstickied).

Plus, I reckon we could also replace the Quad banner image with a ThorpyFX raffle image @digitalscream?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    TTony said:
    Stickied.

Plus, I reckon we could also replace the Quad banner image with a ThorpyFX raffle image @digitalscream?
    Agreed - makes sense to wait until Sunday, though, when the jam's over with (being fair to D'Addario for the free care package they sent us for it).

@ThorpyFX - reckon you could chuck together an image that would fit up there ^^ ? 140px height, 510px maximum width.
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Stickied.

Agreed - makes sense to wait until Sunday, though, when the jam's over with (being fair to D'Addario for the free care package they sent us for it).

@ThorpyFX - reckon you could chuck together an image that would fit up there ^^ ? 140px height, 510px maximum width.
    yup ill get to it asap. send by email? or is DM ok?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    ThorpyFX said:
    TTony said:
    Stickied.

yup ill get to it asap. send by email? or is DM ok?
    Email would be handy. I'll send you my address :)
    <space for hire>
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Money sent for raffle tickets. All the very best.
    tFB Trader
    thanks for the really kind support so far guys, it means the world to me. Please share with as many of your pedal nut friends you can, even if they aren't yet members of the forum.
  • Money sent for the raffle - all the best.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    Just sent you a £10 gift.  But I didn't add a comment...  I think I did this wrong...
    tFB Trader
    revsorg said:
    Just sent you a £10 gift.  But I didn't add a comment...  I think I did this wrong...
    I will be double checking before the draw. Don't worry 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Just 'done' the gift thing.