Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• Thanks to all for a fantastic day today was a lot of fun and great to be there learning, playing and being in such a supportive environment.

Great to put faces to names and to meet such a lovely bunch of people!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    I can only echo what's already been said, good venue, good organisation, I honesty  it didn't think all the songs would get done ! ...but they did with time to spare, so well done all!

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Yay...it happened! As well as echoing the thanks to the organisers and "house band" (well done guys, that was excellent work!) I would like to thank those who helped me practice on the day and those who I played with.
    Cheers all.  Brilliant day.
  • Great day.  Good to catch up with those I've met before, and to meet those I haven't.  

Everyone saw play did really well, from the experienced to the anxious.  Hope everyone else got something from the day.

Thanks to all those involved in the organisation, including those not present.

• @octatonic was blooming awesome, twas watching him that made me realise I want to spend more time and effort drumming..

and I have forgot his name, playing the PRS in the jam room, really enjoyed his calm and methodical persona.

was great putting more faces to usernames.. and I am chuffed to bits I got up and sang Pretty Vacant
    I thought your rendition of Pretty Vacant was bloody marvellous! Well done
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Great day! Well done to everyone that took part, and especially those that organised the day.

Was good to meet you all, and finally put some faces to names. Was disappointed in my personal performance, but at the same time was inspired by some truly great players that have shown me today what time, patience and a hell of a lot of practice can help me achieve.
    I hope to be able to come to many more jam days.
    My wife looked at my t-shirt and just went 'oh...right' :) 

Thanks again everyone. 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Good to meet you all, cheers for a very enjoyable day.
  • bigjon said:
    Good to meet you all, cheers for a very enjoyable day.
    Your stamina is to be applauded....!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Should we let these threads sink and start a new "post jam" thread for the photos/vids/general congratulations to all for a great day?

Just an idea to make it easier for everyone to view it rather than hunting in these mammoth threads. 
  • Should we let these threads sink and start a new "post jam" thread for the photos/vids/general congratulations to all for a great day?

Just an idea to make it easier for everyone to view it rather than hunting in these mammoth threads. 
    That's quite a good idea, actually. 

@TTony - I'll start a post Jam thread and you can let the others sink so @ThorpyFX 's post gets some proper air time
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2017
    Nikko said:
    Great day! Well done to everyone that took part, and especially those that organised the day.

Was good to meet you all, and finally put some faces to names. Was disappointed in my personal performance, but at the same time was inspired by some truly great players that have shown me today what time, patience and a hell of a lot of practice can help me achieve.
    I hope to be able to come to many more jam days.
    My wife looked at my t-shirt and just went 'oh...right'  

Thanks again everyone. 
    Don't put so much pressure on yourself Nick, you did absolutely fine mate and it's a difficult thing to do! I'm absolutely certain I sounded fairly horrendous front of house both playing and singing and definitely made plenty of mistakes despite only doing relatively simple rhythm parts. Absolutely loved the experience though, can't wait to get better and do it again!

Thanks for the guitar stand and was great to meet you and so many other genuinely nice people. Fab day! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    Nobody should feel disappointed - the audience loved it.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    I can't only echo the comments of the other 'inexperienced jammers' I had a blast - thanks all!! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I'm sitting here in my campsite in Northumberland reading about you guys having an amazing time. I'm also having an awesome time looking in one of the only Dark Skies areas of England but I'm slightly jealous of you all.

Bring on the Northern jam!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    edited September 2017
    Home

Drummer of the day award goes to @octatonic - 5hrs of pretty impressive playing!
    Keysman of the day award goes to @Horse - for another 5hrs of pretty impressive playing.
    Stepper-in of the day award goes to @bigjon for playing a variety of instruments and vocals across the majority of songs.
    Above and beyond award of the day goes to @Legionreturns for a huge journey to collect ChrisMusic and (presumably) return him
    Goldtop of the day award to @impmann ;;
    Organiser of the day, week, month, year award @Bridgehouse for getting it all to happen (particularly with his day job workload too)

Guitarist of the day award to everyone who got up, plugged in, and played or just watched and appreciated - because that was the whole point of the day.

So, same time, same day, same place, next year .....
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    After much consideration, I'm bringing the Tele partcaster fitted with a set of @Alegree Cirrostratus pickups - I'm guessing few folks will have heard Alex's pickups yet and they are great IMHO.

I *could* (if there is space in the car) bring the Jazzmaster (GSPBases body, paint by Rich, Mascis neck, Mojo pickups, Mastery bridge/trem) if there is any interest to anyone who'd like to have a play around with an offset.

Let me know... :-)
    Hope they went down well :)
    Thanks for the representation.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    Sadly at last minute, the Tele stayed home due to bad rattles after changing the strings and no time to sort...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmann said:
    Sadly at last minute, the Tele stayed home due to bad rattles after changing the strings and no time to sort...
    That gold top was a bit average tho, wasn't it? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10643
    spark240 said:
    I can only echo what's already been said, good venue, good organisation, I honesty  it didn't think all the songs would get done ! ...but they did with time to spare
    Over-excited drummer probably. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    spark240 said:
    I can only echo what's already been said, good venue, good organisation, I honesty  it didn't think all the songs would get done ! ...but they did with time to spare
    Over-excited drummer probably. 
    Nah, we have him tramodol..

It was actually more likely that we didn't have to stop and restart many songs at all... in fact, I was staggered by the quality right across the board. Some songs could have been gigged as-was and would have been judged to be perfectly acceptable in most scenarios..