Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot
1565758596062»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27437
    The version of Comfortably - at the end of the day when everyone was exhausted - was particularly stunning, IMHO.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    The version of Comfortably - at the end of the day when everyone was exhausted - was particularly stunning, IMHO.

That and the early play of Foxy Lady, @bigjon bought the energy to the frontman role
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm gutted I missed it in the end, unavoidable sadly, but it seems like it was a great success.
    Thanks to all those who put the time in, @Bridgehouse I'm particular.
  • Videos..?
    Videos..?

TTony said:
    aord43 said:
    Not sure who's responsible for the video but, per pre-jam discussion regarding permission/veto, I am fine with video of my performances being released, if the others are OK with it. That's Mustang Sally #2 and Sunshine of Your Love #2.
    @digitalscream - I believe his intention is to chop the video up and distribute to those playing, who can then choose to keep, destroy etc. 

@digitalscream - how about we (as in, mainly you)

1. Chop the video up into the individual songs
    2. Sync the sound
    3. Upload to our YT channel in private mode
    4. Create a new - temp - section here, accessible only to those who played on any of the tracks
    5. Publish a link to the tracks in that section (thread per song perhaps)
    6. Collate the release approvals in each thread
    7. Release to the wide open world
    If you're happy doing 1, 2 & 3, I'll deal with 4, 5, 6 & 7

??
    Sounds like a good plan.

Fair warning to everyone - I've got 32GB of video and 8GB of audio to go through, and I'm decorating the lounge this week. It might be a week or two before it's all ready to go.

I'll probably end up tweaking the audio a reasonable amount too (probably just compression and EQ), but I'll also keep an ear out for any amusing/embarrassing conversations held near the mics... ;)

• @TTony - I think this thread can sink now (sob!) as we have the other chat sticky thread for the photos and vids..

Don't worry folks, there will be plenty more sticky threads about upcoming jams in the future ;)
    @TTony - I think this thread can sink now (sob!) as we have the other chat sticky thread for the photos and vids..
    And now it sinks ....
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Glad you guys had a good time. Pics look great, hopefully I can attend one (in a personal capacity) in the future!

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6779
    Ive just had a flashback to this event - was amazed to see it was 5 years ago now (though I guess 2 years of covid changes made it seem longer)- it got me out of the bedroom and playing live with others. I was at the Bristol jam last weekend - so its legacy still lives on! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    It was the first of a kind and was huge fun I must admit. Sad that one of the leading protagonists there is no longer with us…. 

In fact, one of the leading protagonists from the southern jam is no longer with us either. 

Very sad. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom