Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jams - the future - calling all North and South residents!

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2017
    If Huddersfield, I can liaise / sort venues. I've got a friend who works with school of rock here so that might be a goer, he's also a good drummer and drum teacher if you want some drum workshops. Can also sort a multi room church if someone can bring a PA. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If Huddersfield, I can liaise / sort venues. I've got a friend who works with school of rock hee so that might be a goer, can also sort a church if someone can bring a PA. 
    That sounds like a really good option - could you investigate and report back?
  • If Huddersfield, I can liaise / sort venues. I've got a friend who works with school of rock hee so that might be a goer, can also sort a church if someone can bring a PA. 
    Yep, will do

Yep, will do
    Ta!

If we get more traction with this one then we could do North Mk 1 in January and South Mk 1 around the same time (I reckon Swindon)

Then we can plan North and South Mk 2 for May time, and then back to Quad for the Midlands Mega Jam in September 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Count me in for Northjam, sounds like good times :)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Provisionally count me in for Southern Jam. I'm in London so Swindon would be a fair old trek, not the end of the world though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket said:
    Provisionally count me in for Southern Jam. I'm in London so Swindon would be a fair old trek, not the end of the world though.
    An east Jam over Kent/Essex way might suit you tho!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Bucket said:
    An east Jam over Kent/Essex way might suit you tho!
    Quite possibly!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited September 2017
    After my band debut, and the awe of silence that followed, and my resulting retirement ;) , I could be persuaded to make my comeback on guitar at a future Southern Jam.

Possible ideas for future jams is shown in the astute purloining of Studio 4 at Quad which gives us the option of a looser structure.

My thought would be to have a running order of sorts for a proper jam, but around selected songs or themes, and lasting longer e.g. 15-20 minutes, such as a funk jam for those who aspire to Nile Rodgers, Parliament, etc; or a blues jam centred around a selected blues standard, or for the folky/acoustic amongst us a Bob Dylan style session; or a Grateful Dead/Phish style jam focused on three select chords.
  • @Bridgehouse, I would be more than happy to help all I can! Just let me know what you want me to do.  I am NW Kent, about half hour southeast of Croydon just for reference! 
  • Blackjack said:
    @Bridgehouse, I would be more than happy to help all I can! Just let me know what you want me to do.  I am NW Kent, about half hour southeast of Croydon just for reference! 
    Perfect, thanks!

It'll be a week or two of other bits to sort out, and then maybe we can have a PM discussion and try to work out a good location. We can then gauge interest and see what sort of numbers we may be looking at - and then find a suitable venue.

After that - it's getting a structure for the day organised :D
  • I'd have thought Newcastle for North, with Oxford, Cheltenham or bath for the south would be reasonable.

That said, Leicester worked for me so I don't really get a say 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd have thought Newcastle for North, with Oxford, Cheltenham or bath for the south would be reasonable.

We talked about "North" before. I suspect we'll end up with a Scottish jam at some point as well. The m62 corridor (Leeds to Manchester in particular) is pretty easy for people across the North to get to by either car or train. Newcastle is only 90 minutes North 

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
    Staying just outside of Stirling, id be up for popping along to a Leeds meet. And would certainly be happy to drive and taxi. Again, so long as im not working that weekend.

Adam
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    I'd have thought Newcastle for North, with Oxford, Cheltenham or bath for the south would be reasonable.

Very happy for Cheltenham, Oxford or Bath as a base for 'the south'. 
  • definitely up for coming to a southern one of these. In Stroud (and lived in Cheltenham before that for years) so most locations mentioned are cool. Happy to bring lots of silly shreddy guitars for people to try :)
  • Blackjack said:
    @Bridgehouse, I would be more than happy to help all I can! Just let me know what you want me to do.  I am NW Kent, about half hour southeast of Croydon just for reference! 
    Perfect, thanks!

It'll be a week or two of other bits to sort out, and then maybe we can have a PM discussion and try to work out a good location. We can then gauge interest and see what sort of numbers we may be looking at - and then find a suitable venue.

After that - it's getting a structure for the day organised :D
    That's fine with me! Just give me a shout whenever you are ready! Look forward to helping with it.  =)
  • Please count me in for the Southern jams - hugely enjoyed Leicester!  How do I pay my £8?
  • Brocco said:
    Please count me in for the Southern jams - hugely enjoyed Leicester!  How do I pay my £8?
    Once we are a bit further on with the organising I will start a separate thread with details where you can sign up!

There is a new thread for a North Jam for those that expressed an interest - you can book your slot for that one in that thread...!