The Damned

What's Hot

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
    6 days until I see them again. I'm well up for it. My wife and I will be out on the lash from 3pm onwards in (hopefully) sunny Weymouth. I've never seen The Damned at the seaside.

This was my bedroom when I was a teenager. Of course it wasn't. But I wanted it to be!

http://punkygibbon.co.uk/images/d/damned/photo_1981_bestof_lp_inner1.jpg
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Out for a few beers in Weymouth for the big night! Looking forward to seeing them again.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10680
    Have fun!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I will do Viz! Found a lovely warm boozer that does Newcastle Brown so I'm happy. Hope they do Under the floor again. Cheers mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well that was brilliant. We got to the front right near Sensible. Had a great crack with him and had to get hold of Vanian at one stage as a step behind our barrier collapsed when he stood on it. Roadie stuck a cross on it and wrote 'NO DAVE' on it. When he came back later my missus said to him he wasn't allowed on it for a laugh and he got hold of it shaking it like a mad kid. All in all a great laugh. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    They played all of Damned Damned Damned, a lot of Strawberries and stand out faves like Street of dreams as well as some of Grave Disorder. You could tell they enjoyed it too. Vanian was on red wine and Sensible was on Stella!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1dkq67i1fqjtjn/20161202_214010.jpg?raw=1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    Deadman said:
    Well that was brilliant. We got to the front right near Sensible. Had a great crack with him and had to get hold of Vanian at one stage as a step behind our barrier collapsed when he stood on it. Roadie stuck a cross on it and wrote 'NO DAVE' on it. When he came back later my missus said to him he wasn't allowed on it for a laugh and he got hold of it shaking it like a mad kid. All in all a great laugh. 

Ha awesome! Exactly the same as my clip!

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I know! Seemed the perfect time to do a spot of filming, Viz  ;)
    I don't like getting it out all the way through so when they're playing my fave and Capt's soloing it's the right thing to do.
    Indeed, and what with Under the Floor, Nasty, Disco Man, Ignite, Blackout, Life Goes On - there were so many from that wonderful 1980-1985 era. 
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Deadman said:
    Oh wow, yeah. I've watched that many times, should've clicked when you mentioned the face paint. Well that's a pretty cool thing to have in your resume.......
    Did he play on The Black Album in that case or was he "just" sessioning?
    I have no idea, Not sure if he actually recorded anything with them to b honest.
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    I only remember seeing Vanian-Gray-Sensible-Scabies on the credits so probably not actually. Still cool as hell though.
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Ta
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    edited September 2017
    Breaking News TONY VISCONTI to produce the new album and even better news PAUL GRAY returns as bassist.
    I can't describe how happy I am right now!
    Deadman said:
    Breaking News TONY VISCONTI to produce the new album and even better news PAUL GRAY returns as bassist.
    Awse eh
  • Deadman said:
    Really?  Chuffed!!
  • PG has issues with hearing. I'm wondering if the studio work is as far as he will go.
    PG has issues with hearing. I'm wondering if the studio work is as far as he will go.
    That was my first thought but as he's replaced Stu West he's got a tour coming up. He must surely have some decent hearing protection to use. I've got my tickets already and can't wait.
  • Paul Grey has done a few Guest spots over the years, but he is rumouredto have damaged hearing.  Hope he can play live.  Would be great to see him again. 
    ....with his Rickenbacker. Hopefully. I love that Black album vibe.
  • Just had a quick look on the net and they seem to have recruited Paul O'Grady on guitar!
    Link to my trading feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom