SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guitarist Wanted (Midlands playing Funk, Soul, Disco)

Hi all,

A drummer I play with in a rock covers band is setting up a new outfit. Its not really my thing so he's looking for a funky soulful guitarist to join....oh and a keys player if there are any lurking here!

Here's his ad, if anyone is interested let me know and I can put you in touch with him.

--------------------------------

Experienced drummer and bassist (40’s) and a great sounding female lead vocalist (30)  are seeking a guitarist (and keyboardist) for a covers band performing funk, soul, disco and other party / dance floor  classics to a high standard.

We are looking to play the pub and club circuit (1 gig already booked and many more waiting) in and around the Midlands but not looking to travel up and down the country.

We’re very interested to hear from guitarists that are of a good standard (at least) who are in it for the love of the music rather than just the money. Lead and/or backing vox would be very welcome.

At the moment we rehearse in central Birmingham but can choose somewhere that is fair to all.

We want to get a good group of friendly people with helpful attitudes together. People that aren’t afraid of a bit of hard work in perfecting our performance and to simply enjoy the ride and process together, without letting politics or game playing get in the way.

We have an initial set list to work with but we're more than happy to hear and work with your ideas and suggestions in developing this set further.

So, if any of the above appeals to you, please get in touch.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    I would be well up for this but with all my health trouble, I'm struggling to keep up with being in just one soul/r&b band in central brum.  :s
  • Bump for some funk. 
  • Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• If they ever need a dep keyboard player ours Caroline will do anything for money ( oh hush, titter yee not). 
    She does a couple of gigs per week which, occasionally, includes us and can pick up stuff amazingly quickly and central Brum works for her. I'm pretty sure she's done funk, soul type bands. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.