Any opinions on Epiphone Powerbass?

One for sale locally for £80. Just wondering if it would be worthwhile having a P-style backup for my Squier VM Jazz.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Not one from that shit series with the pointy headstocks, no. Crap wood, crap hardware, usually weigh a ton and bits fall off.

If you want a P-style, get a Squier. Even the cheapest will be better than that… or even something like a Stagg with the proper Fender-style neck, I've actually played a few of those that were fine.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks for the opinion @ICBM i had seen it and thought a P/J might be nice. I do have a Westfield P that I "found" at the skips, but I can't be bothered to fix it up.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249

do have a Westfield P that I "found" at the skips, but I can't be bothered to fix it up.
    You probably should - I played one of those a few years ago that was seriously nice, for £75! Unfortunately it was a particularly nasty shade of Johnson's Baby Lotion bottle pink. Not a 'cool' pink.

Of course they probably aren't all good like that… although thankfully most of them aren't that pink either :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Plywood horror. Avoid.
    ICBM said:
    shit
    Not even HarrySeven would search for one (so that you don't have to). :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Fix up the Westfield, I'm playing my Westfield P bass now and it's a joy to play after a quick neck shim.