Heistercamp guitar straps.

What's Hot
SaddlepunkSaddlepunk Frets: 47
edited September 2017 in Other Reviews
I bought a second guitar a few weeks ago and decided I'd need a strap for it so I didn't have to keep chopping and changing between the guitars - which have different strap locations etc.

Online research got me to the Heistercamp website, and eventhough I didn't want to spend that much, I decided I had to have a strap from them and ordered a padded "Hawks Tor" in havana leather with wine leather lining and antique brass hardware. It arrived a week later and was so well made and fabulous I just had to buy another strap - this time a "Hawkes Tor" in black with marine suede lining and silver hardware to complement the black and silver guitar.

https://i.imgur.com/pHfl9vE.jpg

Both straps are wonderful. They are made bespoke to my spec out of quality materials. They may have cost three or four times what a good mass produced fabric strap would have done, but in my book, that makes them very cheap for what you get, and a mass produced strap very expensive for what you don't get.

I can't recommend them more highly.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SaddlepunkSaddlepunk Frets: 47
    edited September 2017
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Nice straps, nice guitars. Had a look on their website, and a bit pricey for me I have to admit, but I'm sure worth every penny for something hand crafted and made to order. :)

• They had a bunch on special offer at the Birmingham guitar show ( obvs not made to order ones) with money off so there's one on my son's bass. The chap out of Royal Blood uses Heistercamp so that pleased him. I think they've done the show every year. 
    They gave us a cuddly coo key ring with the strap and that's on my car keys. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SaddlepunkSaddlepunk Frets: 47
    edited September 2017
    What you get to choose:

• style of strap;
    • type of leather;
    • leather colour;
    • suede or leather lining;
    • colour of lining;
    • colour of stitching;
    • length of strap;
    • choice of strap hardware;
    • style of end holes i.e for strap locks or not.

• KDSKDS Frets: 220
    I'm thinking of getting one of these, what kind of discount was it at the show?
  • KDS said:
    I'm thinking of getting one of these, what kind of discount was it at the show?
    It wasn't the made to order stuff, just a bunch from stock. I can't remember exactly, maybe a tenner off. They had other stock stuff without money off as well, IIRC. The next show should be February so it'd be a long wait! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Lovely straps... it took me six months to get around to buying one after seeing them at the show (thread about it here).

Since then I've got more straps than guitars ATM, but have also bought a belt and wallet from Heistercamp.  :3
  • I'm cured, I now consider it disrespectful to attach a cheap strap to an expensive guitar.
  • Lovely straps... it took me six months to get around to buying one after seeing them at the show (thread about it here).

Since then I've got more straps than guitars ATM, but have also bought a belt and wallet from Heistercamp.  :3
    Once you've parted with the money you don't go around thinking about how much you've spent every time you look at it hanging from your guitar, you think; "god that's beautiful", "if I ever buy another guitar the first thing I'll treat it to is one of those"' and "how did I manage before?"
  • I've been a punter at guitar shows for years and was after a thin, black leather strap with a shoulder pad. Most were either too fancy, too wide or too expensive (IMHO, for something mass produced). For the money, it was great to speak to somebody and ask for specific things which then got made for me and delivered a couple of weeks later. :)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    edited September 2017
    A good strap will last a lifetime. One of mine was bought in 1977. At the guitar show I was impressed with Heistercamp, and despite their prices I bought two.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1215
    tFB Trader
    Heistercamp straps in my opinion are one of the best, if not the best on the market.
    Here's a pic of some they make custom for us in Black supersoft Leather with Purple Suede lining and our BlackFang Heat pressed Logo, amazing attention to detail and superb quality.....faultless.

https://i.imgur.com/DFf46Yn.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Heistercamp straps in my opinion are one of the best, if not the best on the market.
    Here's a pic of some they make custom for us in Black supersoft Leather with Purple Suede lining and our BlackFang Heat pressed Logo, amazing attention to detail and superb quality.....faultless.

Those look amazing - show us the lining!!!
    tFB Trader
    Heistercamp straps in my opinion are one of the best, if not the best on the market.

Those look amazing - show us the lining!!!
    I'll get some better pics when i go to workshop next week for you :)
  • They are amazing - I'll be ordering one of those, when I get back from my holiday on the 9th Oct.

Ross
    tFB Trader
    They are amazing - I'll be ordering one of those, when I get back from my holiday on the 9th Oct.

Ross
    Thanks Ross, we have them in stock.

Rich