Roasted Maple

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader
    The new face masks make very little difference, as a consequence I've decided that roasted maple is a pain in the arse well my lungs. I've spoken to several other builders who used roasted maple, none of them seem to have had a problem with it so just me. 

I've now decided not to take any more commissions for roasted maple, a friend of mine who is also a custom builder is going help me complete any outstanding orders I have. I still have a fair amount of half built roasted maple necks in stock that sometime in the future may be finished and sold off.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    Philtre said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    You know that blue cap that you've been looking for, for the last two weeks? It's under the sofa. Right near the front.
    What the F**K are you talking about ????????????????????????????????

I guess that's why you haven't found it. OK, check the first picture... ;-)

I see what you are talking about . Interestingly, I haven't got a clue what it was and it's disappeared, obviously got borrowers living under my settee. 
    Mystery solved, I think it was a cap off a bottled water. Last night I went to photograph a Jazzmaster as you know there offset so they don't stand up very well. So I normally pull a something on one side to make it stand up. Last night I used a seashell, photo below.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

• GSPBASSES
    said:

I don't sell wood unless it's been turned into something, but you can buy roasted maple neck blanks from DD.

Hi there, I too am looking to purchase roasted maple neck and body blanks, is DD refering to David Dyke of luthierssupplies.co.uk?

Many thanks, beautiful necks and guitars you've built here.
    tFB Trader
    Yes David Dyke of luthierssupplies.co.uk? not sure if you will get roasted body blanks.