SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Mesa Boogie Blue Angel + Cab £950 ono PRICE DROP

What's Hot
JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
edited October 2017 in Amps £
Now pretty rare in the UK I think. Pretty unique Boogie, with one of the nicest clean channels out there - great reverb too. 

Cab is loaded with 4 Jensen Alnico 10" speakers as was the stock cab configuration for this model. 

Only selling as this is a little too loud for me to use at home - interested in trades for smaller amps if there's anything Fuchs 4 acey out there!

Pics at the link below - ask if you want more!

https://imgur.com/a/FkAc5

Price drop to £875
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    I played a 4x10 combo version of these a few years ago and it sounded amazing! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeh, the only downside supposedly is that the combos weigh as much as a family car? 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Is that NMV? 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Loobs said:
    Is that NMV? 
    Yes, the Blue Angel is NMV.
  • Bump!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    octatonic said:
    Loobs said:
    Is that NMV? 
    Yes, the Blue Angel is NMV.
    It's the anti-Mesa :). No MV, no channel switching. It's designed to overdrive naturally at the power valves only - the reason it's a 'Dual Rectifier' (which it sounds nothing like otherwise) is that it has a valve rectifier for the power section and a separate solid-state one for the preamp to give it more headroom, and ensure it stays clean as the power valves clip.

It also has the best clean sound and the best reverb of any amp I have ever heard, and I'm not forgetting about any Fenders there.

I used to own the 1x12" combo version - I regret selling it, although it's gone to a good friend and I'm not in a great hurry have it back, mostly because it was very heavy for a 1x12". I'm actually quite pleased this one is at the opposite end of the country and in a colour I really don't like or I may have to make myself unpopular at home and buy it… I still had to look at this thread though ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    Say I was fancying adding a Super Reverb to my setup, and also fancying something AC30-like/EL84 based, would this leave me feeling like I'd smoothly taken out two birds with one swing of a 4x10? Or is it a million miles from either of those things?

Always seems to be hard to find decent demos of Mesa amps, with the exception of Tone Boy's stunning run through of the Mark V which had me falling over myself in my rush to get my wallet out.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    Hey - I'd say it's sort of it's own thing but definitely somewhere in that ballpark...I can do a demo if you'd like - just tell me what you're looking to hear?
    Don't go to too much trouble, playing something you're comfortable with that shows however you think it sounds its best rather than me saying "play X with Y tone" would probably be better.

Having said that, an idea of how that tapping lick from Wonderful Slippery Thing sounds in all 12 keys would be good.
    Meh - there's no good demo videos of it on YouTube at the minute anyway....Putting something together that should give a bit of an idea!
    - something kinda Mayerish.....

- something not very Mayerish at all - also this is direct into a speaker sim

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    - and this is it some more recorded today........Any guitar you hear on the backing is also Blue Angel
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Heavens above that's some tasty playing sir.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Very nice playing and tones  :-)
    Sent me right off to the woodshed for sure.
    Bump!
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    I watched some of your videos and came across Stella my very favorite jazz standard.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  GLWTS
    Ah cool! It's something I'm working on at the minute cos there seems to be quite a lot of options around that melody!
    Bump
    Offers welcome!