Ocarina

I play guitar. I like metal. Ocarina somehow do not fit at all, but still it is my second instrument of choice :) The sound of ocarina is very mild, round and deep. You can make a lot of great Celtic and pagan type of music, along with classic and more... I have created a small web-site where I have done a compact overview of the ocarina - if someone is looking for a new instrument to accompany the guitar, take a look at that little magical flute :) I recommend 12 or 10 hole sweet potato ocarina, alto in key of C. At least that is what I play.
Some other ocarina players?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    I've never heard of one, but I love things like this.  I like the idea that I can spend 10 minutes messing around with them and be 200% better than I was before i started, yet 10 minutes on the guitar and I'm probably no better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The thing is easy to start, keep in tune with other instruments is a little tricky, but comes with the practice. There are two good plastic models, which are sold for ~20 online - Focalink Alto C and Night by Noble : for someone who just want to learn the instrument completely OK. There are also few good ocarina makers in the UK (like Pure Ocarinas etc) who are doing fine ceramic (classic) ocarinas.
  • I was bought one a couple of years ago, I could get sounds out of it rather than music... It's been an ornament for some time. Maybe I should dust it off- I was rather good at the one on Zelda.  ;)
  • It really depends also from the ocarina. From a bad ocarina you can get only the sad howl of a dying animal no matter how you try. What is Your ocarina? A pic maybe?