Beginner Player Recordings - I'll show you mine if you show me ours.

What's Hot

Comments

• You should have come to the Leicester jam last weekend mate! I'm now in Huddersfield, but I'm actually from Surrey

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Is there are southern jam?
  • There will be, but it's not organised yet. 

Well worth going to though. Keep an eye on the jam section

• VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    Here's another simple minimalist classic well know to anyone who watches BBC2.

Metamorphosis One.
    It's a bit painful but it shows how really difficult it is to play slowly and cleanly without effects.

Get your loopers out and give it a go.

(Straight to phone recording)

• I haven't uploaded anything for ages, so I played some chords and a couple of widdly bits into my Trio+  then did a wee bit of improv over it. It's fairly shit, but here it is...

• I haven't uploaded anything for ages, so I played some chords and a couple of widdly bits into my Trio+  then did a wee bit of improv over it. It's fairly shit, but here it is...

hope you don't mind me interjecting, but there's nothing wrong with that at all. Your playing is nice and melodic and the bends are sounding good  =) Yes, there are a couple of 'wrong' notes, but just try and memorise the notes & positioning on the fretboard for the Am pentatonic shapes and you'll be fine, it's just practice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited September 2017
    Thanks @Vibetronic ... I actually seem to be able to do that improv stuff better and more accurately until I hit record...then I introduce bum notes and out of key stragglers! 

Thanks for the feedback though. I'm 10 months in from complete beginner so I'm not expecting miracles yet! 

• Thanks @Vibetronic ... I actually seem to be able to do that improv stuff better and more accurately until I hit record...then I introduce bum notes and out of key stragglers! 

Thanks for the feedback though. I'm 10 months in from complete beginner so I'm not expecting miracles yet! 
    it's sounding good for 10 months :) 

And don't worry, the inability to play well as soon as you hit record happens to most people no matter how long they've been playing!!
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    Some inspiration in this thread!

Here's me trying to get over my fear of being laughed at and sharing something.

Recording quality isn't very good, I'm still trying to figure out this USB recording thing!

that's really good. Nothing wrong with the quality imo, and you've got a nice touch with your phrasing. The fingerpicking was spot on too. And your video-editing skills are way better than mine :)
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited October 2017
    Been trying to nail a particularly challenging song... No Surface, All Feeling by the Manics. I'm playing the lead part on it tomorrow at my Jam session so I've been practicing it tonight. The looper on my pod isn't long enough to do a full run through and my Trio isn't with me right now so I've just been working section by section. Here's the chorus... ish 

Note... tinny as fook because I recorded it with my phone, off the internal speaker of my Katana head. Sounds way better through the cab or DI'd out

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Been trying to nail a particularly challenging song... No Surface, All Feeling by the Manics. I'm playing the lead part on it tomorrow at my Jam session so I've been practicing it tonight. The looper on my pod isn't long enough to do a full run through and my Trio isn't with me right now so I've just been working section by section. Here's the chorus... ish 

Note... tinny as fook because I recorded it with my phone, off the internal speaker of my Katana head. Sounds way better through the cab or DI'd out
    makes me feel old, I remember getting that album at university! Sounds good and flows well, definitely sounds like you've got the hang of it. Nice job :)
  • Been trying to nail a particularly challenging song... No Surface, All Feeling by the Manics. I'm playing the lead part on it tomorrow at my Jam session so I've been practicing it tonight. The looper on my pod isn't long enough to do a full run through and my Trio isn't with me right now so I've just been working section by section. Here's the chorus... ish 

makes me feel old, I remember getting that album at university! Sounds good and flows well, definitely sounds like you've got the hang of it. Nice job :)
    Cheers! One thing I'm noticing lately, is that I'm able to pick up new stuff much quicker than I could before. Presumably because my theory is more solid and I'm repeating techniques. I'm still less than a year in and very happy with progress. 

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Very very rough but I've been learning an (originally acoustic) arrangement of John Mayer's 'Still Feel Like Your Man' that I found on YouTube. Only started a couple of days ago and has some pretty tough bits in for a novice like myself!

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Very very rough but I've been learning an (originally acoustic) arrangement of John Mayer's 'Still Feel Like Your Man' that I found on YouTube. Only started a couple of days ago and has some pretty tough bits in for a novice like myself!

Sounds just fine dude !...Keepon plucking....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Thanks mate! Still plugging away! Sounds much better than through the amp than recorded in Garageband....got a lot to learn to start my making recordings that sound decent!
  • It's been a while,so I made this tonight. Still a few slips and errant bass notes but I'm reasonably happy with it

Really like that @Legionreturns, very nicely done!

My latest venture....way outside of my skill level so really rough recording but fun to learn

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @BRISTOL86 ; mate that's awesome! It may sound a little raw but in the mix with other full volume backline that would sound just right! Nothing wrong with that at all! Grats! 

Thanks man. Need to learn the rest of it now!!
    edited November 2017
    Learned a new solo and had some fun messing about with the drummer in Logic

Just a rough eleven one take thing....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom