My practice tool

daveg82daveg82 Frets: 0
edited September 2017 in Events

Hello everybody, I just wanted to share with you guys a practice tool that I managed to create. It's a simple chord and backing track generator.

Every time I want to practice my arpeggios or scales I always end up in practicing with the same chords and of course that doesn't help me so much. So I decided to create this little chord generator that picks a random chord so I could play along with that.

Then I just decided to add a feature for chord sequences. I think it's cool because it's a website so it doesn't need an app to be installed and complicated stuff. Just visit the website with any device and play along with it.

What do you guys think? Do you think it's something useful? Any comments (also negative) and suggestion will be much appreciated.

Please remember that this is a really early beta version so it might be full of bugs.

If you want to have a look at it you can find it at http://www.jamkie.com

Let me know what you think and what kind of features you'd like to be added.

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I had a quick look.  Is there any way to change the rhythm?  Also, you can't make changes whilst it is playing, I didn't love having to stop and start for every change.

• joeyowen said:
    I had a quick look.  Is there any way to change the rhythm?  Also, you can't make changes whilst it is playing, I didn't love having to stop and start for every change.

Hi joey thanks for your quick feedback. Changing the rhythm is the feature I'm working on right now and it should be released soon. You can't make changes while it's playing but you can save multiple versions of the chord progression and then load the one you want. Hope that helps
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited October 2017
    I’m getting no sound on my iPad...i’ve tried different browsers
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    I like it dude, I would like to be able to turn off the metronome though?

I think this has loads of potential as well, expand the time sigs, change the backing sounds, show the guitar cakes that fit the progression chosen....endless I would say.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Nice work.  A few feedback items:
    • It's not possible to change the tempo while playing - or at least indicate to the user that this isn't possible, by greying out and disabling the +/- buttons.  Right now, those buttons change the number but the actual tempo remains the same.
    • Add a "pause" button, so that I can resume from where I left off.  At the moment, "stop" (which is necessary to edit the sequence or change the tempo) goes back to the beginning.
    • As well as being able to edit individual chords, how about picking a key and having the app generate a random progression?  (Or list of progressions, from which the user can pick one).
    • It would be nice to be able to explore the notes which make up each chord - to see for example that Am7 is "A C E G".  This could be as simple as a hover / tooltip listing the note names, or as fancy as drawing a piano keyboard or fretboard with the notes highlighted.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans