Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rift Amplification - Customer Builds

What's Hot

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4254
    @lonestar  It's absolutely incredible. Just loves every guitar that is plugged in, I am blown away by it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3113
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    Charlie's Tweed 15 was ordered in a custom 2x12" cabinet, loaded with WGS G12Q speakers. As with all Rift amplifiers, it's stuffed with premium components such as Jupiter Vintage Yellow tone caps, Switchcraft sockets, CTS pots, and yellow cloth wire.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

tFB Trader
    Matthew's PB16 is the first to have the new two-button footswitch for Reverb and Tremolo made just for Rift by Bright Onion, it comes with a detachable 10m TRS cable that'll extend across almost any stage, meaning you can now put the footswitch on your board without any compromises. The amp also has two-knob Reverb, so Matthew can control both the decay-time and output level, perfect for a studio setting! As always, stuffed full of Jupiter Vintage Yellow tone caps and other high-end goodies, along with a very fetching Tweed wrap.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Andy ordered the very first Vibro 35 from Rift. It's a 35w 2x10" combo based on the BF Vibrolux Reverb with all the usual Rift appointments. He opted for a very cool transitional brownface look - Rough Brown Tolex with Oxblood grille which looks great. Taking my advice, he also chose to a mix of Ceramic and Alnico WGS speakers, the G10C and G10A models. Currently only available as a custom order, I'll be adding this model to my lineup in the near future.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmps said:
    Andy ordered the very first Vibro 35 from Rift. It's a 35w 2x10" combo based on the BF Vibrolux Reverb with all the usual Rift appointments. He opted for a very cool transitional brownface look - Rough Brown Tolex with Oxblood grille which looks great. Taking my advice, he also chose to a mix of Ceramic and Alnico WGS speakers, the G10C and G10A models. Currently only available as a custom order, I'll be adding this model to my lineup in the near future.

This...I am happy to say is my new amp...Chris hand delivered it this evening as I'm playing at a ska festival on Sunday..service above and beyond the call.
    Played it at home for about an hour tonight...bell like tones and seems perfect for my genre...like a mini twin...I'm looking forward to using it on sunday in a gig situation now.
    Thanks again Chris.. was really good to meet you.. :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    This is my new favourite thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    @RiftAmps "Taking my advice, he also chose to a mix of Ceramic and Alnico WGS speakers, the G10C and G10A models."

Can you expand on why you advised the mix, or explain the benefits please?
    tFB Trader
    @Chalky Sure, as a rule of thumb Ceramic drivers have a big, clear bottom end (a good thing for a BF amp) but they also have a more aggressive top end compared to an Alnico, which can become too much. An Alnico driver compresses more in the upper mids and top end, taming that ice-pick from the Ceramic. The Alnico has a spongey, smoother bottom end which helps to keep the amp responsive and pliable.

Of course, differing cone types have an effect also, but as the G10C and G10A use the same cone the differences between the two are just the magnet type - and provide a useful way to really understand the differences between Ceramic and Alnico.

In a multi-speaker cabinet, I always recommend trying a mix of types.
    Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Andy’s Vibro ‘63 was ordered with some really nice tweaks to customise it to his liking.

First, we upgraded the NORMAL channel to the same spec as the BRIGHT, then changed the second channel to that from the later BF Vibroverb to give Andy a wider tonal variety.

Second, we made sure that both the Reverb and Tremolo work on both channels, adding glorious brownface Reverb to a blackface channel...go on then!

Third, we added push-pull bright switches to each channel, these switch in an extra cap on top of the standard value so Andy can use even the darkest guitar with this amp.

Finally, a custom faceplate was fitted with Andy's own little touch

Of course, this amp is stuffed full of Jupiter caps, WGS G10C speakers, and has the new two-button footswitch.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    That is a beauty sir!
    Daniel ordered a PR6 with a few tweaks to edge it towards brownface territory, so we called it the PB6.

The PR6 is a SE version of the PR18, running either a 6V6, 6L6, 5881, EL34, or KT66.
    It kicks out 6w with a 6V6, and 8w with the other valve types. Peak power is 20w at full crank

Valve driven spring reverb, bias-tremolo, two-button footswitch, and a choice of either WGS G12Q ceramic or Black and Blue alnico speakers. Not forgetting the Jupiter Vintage Yellow tone caps

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1373
    @RiftAmps ; loving your work. Sorry if this is a really stupid question but on the 2x12 combos above, they appear to be different inputs for each channel. Are they non switching? Or would anyone using them live need an external switching pedal?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    tFB Trader
    rsvmark said:
    @RiftAmps ; loving your work. Sorry if this is a really stupid question but on the 2x12 combos above, they appear to be different inputs for each channel. Are they non switching? Or would anyone using them live need an external switching pedal?
    Yup, non-switching. A simple AB pedal is all you need, or an ABY pedal if you want to run both channels together.
    Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

Nils ordered a custom amplifier based on the PR platform.

He wanted a 35-40w 1x12” combo with two very different channels. One is a super clean, clear, and rich blackface channel with a full TMB tonestack. The other is a Neil Young-esque Tweed channel with loads of mid-range and grind.

We added a Presence control to help dial the amp into different rooms/stages, along with pentode/triode and valve/SS rectifier switches.

Finished in brown face cosmetics and loaded with a WGS G12C ceramic speaker.
    Not forgetting it’s stuffed full of Jupiter Vintage Yellow tone caps!

Just packing it into a flight case as it’s off to live in Norway.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    Stunning!!!
    Carles’ Tweed 15C is sounding fantastic. A 5C3 deluxe circuit in correct wide-panel cabinet. Stuffed with all of my premium components including Jupiter Red Astrons, custom wound transformers, and a WGS G12Q speaker. This one is of to Barcelona, going to miss it!

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul's PR18 is finished in Teal w/wheat cloth, loaded with a WGS G12C speaker and has two-knob reverb

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

The PR35 is the high power, big headroom version of the PR18. It can be ordered with a choice of preamps (blackface, brownface, tweed) and runs a boosted output section for 35w power. The cabinet is 1” taller to accommodate the huge transformers and features all of the standard Rift appointments such as WGS speakers, Jupiter tone caps, Switchcraft sockets and switches, handwired eyelet board, custom wound British made transformers, two-button custom footswitch, and a lifetime warranty. Graham ordered this one with a blackface preamp and WGS G12A Alnico speaker. Big, beautiful cleans with spring reverb and tremolo in a portable package.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    Stunning 
    Guy’s custom ordered Tweed 20 (5E3, fixed bias, 450v B+) features a boosted power supply and fixed-bias to give the 5E3 circuit a little more authority. Stuffed full of Jupiter Yellows and loaded with a WGS G12C speaker, it’s off to Cornwall!

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom