Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308

Pete Rock and CL Smooth - Main Ingredient

DJ Shadow - The Mountain Will Fall

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Horrid Henry & Pepper Pig ............. bloody Grandkids  :s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    TTBZ said:
    I've been listening to a lot of fuzzy new garage punk/surf rock punk type stuff like Ty Segall Band, Bass Drum of Death, Wavves etc and need more but it's hard to find stuff that sounds as good as these - usually have a lot of wishy washy vocals and boring songs that aren't catchy. Ty Segall is pretty much awesome with everything he does and I'd love to find more stuff like that if anyone has any suggestions! Particularly the Band stuff and the album he did as Fuzz. 
    Interesting post. I'll check these acts out. Thanks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    link wray- link wray
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited October 2017
    New Black Stnoe Cherry album of blues covers. Live version of one here;

New Marilyn Manson (shit quality audio for some reason, and sounds slowed)

• trolleytrolley Frets: 88

PAW 25th Anniversary edition. And Modern Primitive.

But I've just acquired 9 cd's today so that'll occupy me for a while :)

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    The rather great new Daphni album
    Stop crying, start buying
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    edited October 2017
    Soulfire by Little Steven (Van Zandt). Solo album by Brooce's guitarist (and Soprano).

Bluesey, gospelly, soul music. Very listenable indeed. Got a feeling is going to be stuck to the (virtual) turntable for some time to come.

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
    The new Soulwax album. It's really doing it for me:

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Sumie -- "Leave Me"
    I keep playing it.  Absolutely lovely.
    Released in November 2017.

A bit of Real Estate, from their latest offering:

Beach fossils. This track (Tangerine) is excellent:

• The 'current' MUSE album, Drones.
    i slated it. And then I got a copy off eBay on the cheap as an impulse buy, and as a whole album i have to say it works. I don't think I could listen to individual songs now, but it's pretty epic as an "album in its entirety" kinda experience. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 88
    Fossil Fuel - XTC. There's some gems in there
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    The 'current' MUSE album, Drones.
    i slated it. And then I got a copy off eBay on the cheap as an impulse buy, and as a whole album i have to say it works. I don't think I could listen to individual songs now, but it's pretty epic as an "album in its entirety" kinda experience. 
    It is a good album despite being lyrically weak. I think The 2nd Law is possibly my favourite of theirs. I haven't listened to either of them for a while actually, so might have to pop them on again. 
  • quarky said:
    The 'current' MUSE album, Drones.
    It is a good album despite being lyrically weak. I think The 2nd Law is possibly my favourite of theirs. I haven't listened to either of them for a while actually, so might have to pop them on again. 
    Interesting. I have to say the part that annoys me is the spoken word bits like the Sergeant screaming at the soldier... ARE YOU A PSYCHO KILLER? I AM A PSYCHO KILLER AAAAAHHHHH!!! 

It's so stupid. 

But anyway, aside from those bits, I loved it. Didn't really pay too much mind to the lyrics.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Giving the new KXM a listen.  Also been enjoying the new Circa Survive and Black Dahlia Murder releases.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    edited October 2017
    Man and the Echo - exceptional songwriting, brilliant musicians and funny as fuck! 

Saw them live this week and have to say one of my favourite gigs ever! (Oh no, fanboy alert!). 

• "Sorceress" by Opeth - it was on sale so I snagged a bargain. Enjoyed it. To me, it made me think "if Porcupine Tree played Deep Purple riffs and made a prog album, this is what it would sound like" 

Good stuff. 

Also picked up the new Def Leppard (well, it was out last year iirc - self titled album) and enjoyed what I've heard so far (except the opening track "Let's Go", reminds me too much of "Go" from Sparkle Lounge). 
  • Modest Mouse Sad Sappy Sucker. Not sure it's a grower though, as much as I love them. Some of it's just annoying and awkward.