Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Northampton Jam Session - Sunday 3rd December - 1 to 5pm

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I meant the song!
    :)

Sorry, couldn't resist man.
    Yes, the Pearl Jam song and it's an old favourite.

Sure, PM me about the guitar parts and as far as I know the plan so far is to worry about back up drums. We have some drums but @mrkb also wants to play guitar and not drum all day (Hope I've got that right Mark?) so we do need more. Is @strumjoughlamps coming to this one? I think he is so there's one more but it would still be nice to have at least one more?

I *might* be able to handle the vocals, I'll give it a listen now.
    I'll be super surprised if @Bridgehouse can't play the bass on this so just run around waving your arms and only scream "DRUMMER!!!" until further notice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ok, first listen through for a long time and it's immediately obvious I can't sing this one and whoever tries had better be ready to give.
    That's not an easy one.
    It's in my range, just in places but it's there and I *could*, with a fuck ton of training and practise do it but I couldn't play a note at the same time, there's just so much to the vocal.

I can handle the lead guitar (I think) or I can sleep on nails for 6 weeks and try the vocal but even then, I've got no recent training and my voice will only last for maybe 5 songs so this one had better be early on if I'm singing it?

I'd rather not if we can find someone to do it properly but if the song stays and we've got no one, I'll *try*.

The guitar parts are easy.
    PM when you want and we'll get that organised.

I seem to remember you're not too far from me (Bedford) and if I'm right, the easiest way is coffee and headphones at costa or call in my place and jam?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637

If we cant fill the drummer slots theres always a laptop and:-

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • PabloPablo Frets: 38
    Yeah, I'm just down the road from Hitchin. If you just want to decide who plays what, Costa is fine, although if you're happy to have me round with my guitar and THR, we can give it a quick blast? I'll PM you and we take it out of thread. Thanks again Mark.
    Pablo said:
    Yeah, I'm just down the road from Hitchin. If you just want to decide who plays what, Costa is fine, although if you're happy to have me round with my guitar and THR, we can give it a quick blast? I'll PM you and we take it out of thread. Thanks again Mark.
    No problem.

OK, Still need replies from @flink_poyd @TTBZ @mike_l @aord43 @thorpyfx on whether they are now definite, we have a core of 10 people whover confirmed they are still up for it. I'll get a latest song list up in 30 mins.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:

OK, Still need replies from @flink_poyd @TTBZ @mike_l @aord43 @thorpyfx on whether they are now definite, we have a core of 10 people whover confirmed they are still up for it. I'll get a latest song list up in 30 mins.

I can come, if people want me to bring a few choice pedals etc... I just haven't got the time to practice in order to play some numbers.... newborn, kids, job, second job , wife etc.....

if that doesn't suit the dynamic of the day then i understand entirely.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    mrkb said:

I've been waiting to see how things develop to be honest. It's been pretty quiet and all of a sudden a lot of activity and songs being mentioned but no definitive list (that I can see anyway).  I mentioned I'd have a crack at singing Rain On Me but I've never sang before. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

@thorpyfx - Hi Adrian, that would be great - Im sure people would love to try stuff out in a full volume band setting. Do you want to join in the informal jam songs?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    ThorpyFX said:
    mrkb said:

I can come, if people want me to bring a few choice pedals etc... I just haven't got the time to practice in order to play some numbers.... newborn, kids, job, second job , wife etc.....

if that doesn't suit the dynamic of the day then i understand entirely.

You're 180 degrees out pal.

We'd be disappointed if you didn't get there.
    Play the wrong notes, no one will care that much but far better to see you than not.

My UV777 has just been finished by Jonathan.
    I'm collecting it next week and bringing it to the Jam.

Fancy a go on that?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:

@thorpyfx - Hi Adrian, that would be great - Im sure people would love to try stuff out in a full volume band setting. Do you want to join in the informal jam songs?

Ok, cool ill bring some stuff and some prototypes too....... nobody will have seen these yet and i really want to fiddle with them and test them in a live setting asap. Ill check out the informal jam tracks....
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    mrkb said:

I've been waiting to see how things develop to be honest. It's been pretty quiet and all of a sudden a lot of activity and songs being mentioned but no definitive list (that I can see anyway).  I mentioned I'd have a crack at singing Rain On Me but I've never sang before. 

Are there any songs you want to play that we can back you up on? No matter what the level its better to play a song you are comfy playing as a intro to playing live. Did you play anything at the Leicester jam you'd like to have another go at?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

Latest attendees, what they play, ability, and what they are bringing:-

Songs that more than one person want to play - we can add more, or play these twice if needed. Let us know what you can play and we can add them in if we can get others interested. I might have to drop the first two if I cant find anyone else interested as I cant play guitar and drum on them at the same time.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    I'm still in.  I am up for any of the songs I proposed, plus happy to learn parts for others.  I am no expert though!  Feel like Making Love is a good one I used to strum many years ago, but happy to do rhythm on others or learn lead parts if not too hard.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    mrkb said:

Latest attendees, what they play, ability, and what they are bringing:-

Error in line 2 of the s/sheet.  

You've got @Bridgehouse down as able to play bass.
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hes down as a Pro ability bass player... In the kingdom of the blind,etc ;-)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    Pro???? Me???

Flattered but... I don't think so.

Thanks, tho!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    @TTony - careful now, you might need Bass help one day ;)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    And if by pro you mean "plays for scraps of food or biscuits" then, um, yeah. Maybe.
    I'm 45 and knackered.

I'll take "Pro" all day long.

Thanks Hun.
    x