Bass Riffs?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Oh yes. I love a good bass riff .....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Fretwired said:
    Oh yes. I love a good bass riff .....
    We'll add bass riffs to the set of challenges from Jan onwards.
    :)

"Why from Jan, what's wrong with doing it in November and December???" I hear you scream at the monitor.

Well, that's because the November and December challenges are being rolled into one, with a theme, and prizes.  Real, proper, wow-style prizes.

All will be announced when the current challenges close later this month.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    So, would a submission just be a bass line, or could it be a track led by a bass riff, but with say drums and guitar in it, OR< can it only be bass & drums?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    I interpreted the OP to mean a drums and chords backing track to which a bass instrument part should be added. 
    Be seeing you.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I interpreted the OP to mean a drums and chords backing track to which a bass instrument part should be added. 
    Me too.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    I've already been working at developing the correct embouchure for Tuba. Probably more fun to try Variable. ;) 

http://www.vintagesynth.com/moog/taurus1.php
    Be seeing you.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    The bass player's lament

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Me too.
    Well, I hadn't thought that much about it, tbh.

In the other monthly challenges, we have Riff (guitar, drums, bass, whatever's needed to make the track work), RawRiff (guitar only) and Solo (bass solo??) of the month competitions.

The solo needs a backing track to work, the others are created by the contestants.

I guess we (or "someone") could record some guitar / chord backing tracks and use those as the basis for developing a bass riff, or we go with the approach of the contestants creating their own, individually, to support their riffs.

Got a bit of time to get it sorted as all the challenges are going on hold whist we do the Christmas Special (there will be prizes!!) challenge in Nov/Dec.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    That's fine Tony, was just a passing thought. Bit of drums, bit of bass, I reckon I can do that.

Well I could if I get the time, which at the moment is like tyring to plait fog in a wind tunnel