Anyone selling a Marshall 1 watt combo??

What's Hot
I’m looking for a Marshall JVM-1C or DSL1-C. 

Anyone selling one one for a reasonable price???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    There's a DSL1C in Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow. I don't know if they would be willing to ship it since it's a customer's agency sale, but you can always ask…

I also don't know if you would consider £499 a reasonable price, but that will be down to the owner rather than the shop! Also worth asking if it's negotiable.

0141 552 4848

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    JTM 1C any good to you?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    Try a WTB in the Classifieds @kurtrowe2000.

And welcome to theFretBoard!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • monofin said:
    JTM 1C any good to you?
    Interesting. What are you loooin for in terms of £££

• ICBM said:
    There's a DSL1C in Strung Out Guitars in Glasgow. I don't know if they would be willing to ship it since it's a customer's agency sale, but you can always ask…

I also don't know if you would consider £499 a reasonable price, but that will be down to the owner rather than the shop! Also worth asking if it's negotiable.

0141 552 4848
    Cheers chap. That’s a bit on the pricey side. I’ve seen some go for between £195 and £350. Thanks for the heads up though. 
  • TTony said:
    Try a WTB in the Classifieds @kurtrowe2000.

And welcome to theFretBoard!
    Cheers fella. I’ve been looking. Thanks for the welcome, the site was recommended by SC Relics so thought I’d give it a go. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2017
    monofin said:
    JTM 1C any good to you?
    Difficult to value really so make me an offer.
    Mint with box and anniversary booklet

Cheers chap. That’s a bit on the pricey side. I’ve seen some go for between £195 and £350. Thanks for the heads up though. 
    Yes, fully agree - if it had been up to me it would have been going out for at least a hundred less, even given what they were new and that it's in perfect condition. I just don't think it's enough amp to warrant the original price, or a second-hand one based on the usual fraction of it.

Worth asking in case you really wanted one at cost no object though :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    There's always this... http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/114497/danplifier-matchbox-3w-high-gain-amp-now-with-video

Easily changed from 3w to 1w by swapping the output tube. 

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    @kurtrowe2000 is a gentleman. Glad he's popped his head in for the banter!

These are great little amps although owners/sellers get caught up in the whole limited edition/discontinued stuff a tad too much. 

£250-300 is reasonable for a head/combo. Any more than that is wishful thinking 
    lonestar said:
    @kurtrowe2000 is a gentleman. Glad he's popped his head in for the banter!

These are great little amps although owners/sellers get caught up in the whole limited edition/discontinued stuff a tad too much. 

£250-300 is reasonable for a head/combo. Any more than that is wishful thinking 
    Agreed. There's some silly prices on eBay but can't see anyone actually paying that!
  • Indeed. Here’s one chap looking for circa 699 for one, another for 450 and the recommended Glasgow shop won’t budge on their 499. All crazy really. 
    Indeed. Here’s one chap looking for circa 699 for one, another for 450 and the recommended Glasgow shop won’t budge on their 499.
    I'm not even sure why they agreed to sell it for him at that price to be honest. It's never going to sell and makes the shop look overpriced if you don't know the reason.

People seem to forget that it took the main dealers up to two years to shift the last of the 'limited edition', some for less than that *new*.

• kurtrowe2000kurtrowe2000 Frets: 22
    edited October 2017
    Too true. I’m not fussed about it being a limited edition. Crazy prices. My dsl401 was cheaper.
  • monofin said:
    monofin said:
    JTM 1C any good to you?
    Difficult to value really so make me an offer.
    Mint with box and anniversary booklet

Hi chap. Thought about it but not quite what I’m looking for although it looks awesome. Thanks anyway.
  • Is it the physical size that makes you want one or the fact you can crank it at home ?

I ask as I've had a dsl 1 and a dsl 40, both a lot of fun and I found the DSL 40 was equally good at home volume , especially if you use the tone shift button.
  • It’s a bit of big chap. The main motivator is space. I have a DSL401 in my “music room” which is awesome. But need a smaller one for the lounge where I practice when my sons in bed. 

Got it a blackstar ID Core 10 at the moment which does a job but want a smal valve combo, I’ve tried the blackstar 1 watt and just don’t like the tone. 

Plus the ability to crank when I don’t have to be quiet is a bonus.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I use a JVM-1 combo for the exact reason you mention however when you crank it, it's a fizzy mess. There is a ridiculous amount of gain even before say 9 o'clock. I use the 'clean' channel with pedals for flavour with the volume at about 9 o'clock (i'm very conscious of my neighbours!)

I would consider something like a DSL 5C which has a 1 watt switch and even at new prices they are less than some of the 1 watt amps. 
  • rico said:
    I use a JVM-1 combo for the exact reason you mention however when you crank it, it's a fizzy mess. There is a ridiculous amount of gain even before say 9 o'clock. I use the 'clean' channel with pedals for flavour with the volume at about 9 o'clock (i'm very conscious of my neighbours!)

I would consider something like a DSL 5C which has a 1 watt switch and even at new prices they are less than some of the 1 watt amps. 
    Cheers mate. I looked that and really thought about it but it is physically too big for the space I have available. 
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    It's interesting reading this thread.

You sound like you're interested in the same sort of models as I am / was when I was looking. I got a DSL5C last summer and love it. I then saw the JMP-1 on YouTube and felt like I had to have one but they are crazy money and I just can't justify it. I don't get the chance to crank the amp up much but the DSL5 does everything I need at low volumes and when I do get the chance to turn it up, it sounds great. It's not very big at all to be honest, mine is tucked in the corner of a bedroom and you wouldn't really know it was there.

I agree on the Blackstars too, I went in to buy an HT5R and on first listen it seemed perfectly fine, then I tried the DSL and it was no comparison, the Blackstar sounded so bland. I'm not sure what else I saw when I was looking that would fit the brief you've described. A Bassbreaker 007? I tried one of them too when buying my DSL and was pretty underwhelmed.