Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The amount of money in my PayPal...

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10647
    viz said:
    Why don't you use the money to get some guitar pedals? You'd probably need an OD or two (MXR or Thorpy or similar), a digi delay, a wah such as the fabulous CAE, a traditional phase 90 or 95 - you can't go wrong with MXR, a compressor like the Koji, something to add character like from the Tech 21 series; maybe a big muff - or the bass one if you're wanting to get into bass; if not you're not interested in playing bass you could get something to add bass or drums, such as the digitech Trio Plus; and obviously you'd need a power supply and a case. That'd get you sorted for now. 
    @viz read post #7
    Oh yes, cheers! :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    viz said:
    Why don't you use the money to get some guitar pedals? You'd probably need an OD or two (MXR or Thorpy or similar), a digi delay, a wah such as the fabulous CAE, a traditional phase 90 or 95 - you can't go wrong with MXR, a compressor like the Koji, something to add character like from the Tech 21 series; maybe a big muff - or the bass one if you're wanting to get into bass; if not you're not interested in playing bass you could get something to add bass or drums, such as the digitech Trio Plus; and obviously you'd need a power supply and a case. That'd get you sorted for now. 

You cheeky sausage :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    mixolyd said:
    Some time with the Helix Native trial has put me off of the idea of ever buying a Helix unit, great deal though it may be.  There are some amazing tones in Helix but they aren’t the tones I want and require much faffing around with IR’s, Hi Cut & Lo Cut to carve out of the fizzy, farty mess that surrounds the bits I want.

There is a core of great sound in there which will suit the players who are after the tones that Helix is better at, but that’s not me.  I recommend trying Helix Native as a much cheaper way of test driving the platform in terms of time and energy.
    This. If you haven't already, take the 3 week native trial, just to see if the sounds are what you are looking for. It cured my own LT gas, but it could also have the opposite effect of making you want one instantly. 
    tFB Trader
    As I said pcs and guitar don't really go together for me.

I don't even have an audio interface at the moment.
    tFB Trader
    Hmm I've been offered one SH for £100 less than a new one.

Would you save a ton, or have a warranty?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I’d rather have a warranty and distance selling regs TBH.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    That’s why, when I priced my Helix Rack, you are basically getting a free Foot Controller and the heavy duty Belkin Cat 5 lead. You have to be sensible on s/h prices to balance a sale against something gathering dust 
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821

I'm with you on that, I still rue the day that cars took over from the horse and cart  :s
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    tFB Trader
    Freebird said:

I'm with you on that, I still rue the day that cars took over from the horse and cart  :s

Don't get me wrong, in my day job I'm head of engineering at an audio technology company, but the result of that is that coming home to dick about with computer audio is work not play.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2017 tFB Trader
    Given that I'm thinking of putting an order in who is the best box shifter?

The choices seem to be Andertons, GAK, PMT or Dawsons.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    edited October 2017
    Andersons and GAK for me... great returns.

Id avoid PMT personally ;)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    DV247 or Thomann for a 3 year warranty
    tFB Trader
    John_A said:
    DV247 or Thomann for a 3 year warranty

Yeah I did just think Thomann, but the shitty paypal exchange rate jacks the price up by £30

Unfortunately DV247 have them for £850
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    £30 quid extra gets you a 3 year warranty?  Sounds like the right deal to me, depending of course on what the warranty covers.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    From the dv247 web site

Lowest Price GuaranteedLowest Price Guarantee

Call: 020 3176 6247
    Email: pricebeat or guitarpricebeat
    Visit our Retail Superstore

We work incredibly hard to provide the most competitive prices in Europe and save you from having to shop around. If for any reason you do find a cheaper price, including voucher code discounts, then we will match it – just give us a call on 01708 771983 or come to our London Superstore.

We will also honour this Lowest Price Guarantee after you have ordered with us, so you can shop with confidence now, knowing that you will be refunded the difference in price should you find the product cheaper. All you have to do is email or call us with verifiable evidence in the form of a valid web-link or copy of the printed media within 24 hours of purchase.
    Of course, getting the lowest price doesn’t guarantee satisfaction - so we back up our prices with the following promises:

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    I'm biased towards international delivery options, but Thomann can get fucked. Andertons are great in my experience. Gear4music also worthy of note.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I'm biased towards international delivery options, but Thomann can get fucked. Andertons are great in my experience. Gear4music also worthy of note.

Why is that may I ask?
    tFB Trader
    Ended up procrastinating and didn't buy one.

A load of money and no GAS...

what is becoming of me?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    edited October 2017
    In 3 years what will they be worth.. Buy a few nice pedals that get the sounds you want you'll be likely to lose less money..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    thomasw88 said:
    In 3 years what will they be worth..
    If you used that argument you’d never buy a telly, computer, car, phone, or any number of other things though... Fundamentally you’re right though, it probably won’t be worth much in 3 years time.

Gigged my Helix tonight, straight to the PA with just an Alto TS208 in front of me. Sounded great!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom