Anyone selling a Marshall 1 watt combo??

What's Hot

Comments

• andyp said:
    It's interesting reading this thread.

You sound like you're interested in the same sort of models as I am / was when I was looking. I got a DSL5C last summer and love it. I then saw the JMP-1 on YouTube and felt like I had to have one but they are crazy money and I just can't justify it. I don't get the chance to crank the amp up much but the DSL5 does everything I need at low volumes and when I do get the chance to turn it up, it sounds great. It's not very big at all to be honest, mine is tucked in the corner of a bedroom and you wouldn't really know it was there.

I agree on the Blackstars too, I went in to buy an HT5R and on first listen it seemed perfectly fine, then I tried the DSL and it was no comparison, the Blackstar sounded so bland. I'm not sure what else I saw when I was looking that would fit the brief you've described. A Bassbreaker 007? I tried one of them too when buying my DSL and was pretty underwhelmed.
    I’m with you. I love my DSL401. But it’s a beast. Need a smaller one for the lounge to fit under a coffee table. The DSL5 is just too tall for the limited space the missus will allow me. Otherwise I’d get one of them. 

Ill just keep looking. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavyCDavyC Frets: 2
    Marshall are releasing a new 1 watt DSL around the end of November. Price looks to be around £255 for a head and £300 for the combo. It has built in reverb and a Softtube emulated Output so it has more features than the anniversary model. It might be worth holding off for one of these. Marshall got most of the retailers leaks plugged but Google cache still has a few floating about like below.

Head
    https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://audioelectric.de/shop/product_info.php%3Finfo%3Dp17057_marshall-dsl1hr.html&prev=search

Combo
    https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://audioelectric.de/shop/product_info.php%3Finfo%3Dp17056_marshall-dsl1cr.html&prev=search
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi Davy. Thats really Interesting. Marshall have just told me that they have no plans to release a 1 watt amp any time soon. Although this could well be a ploy to keep it quiet. 

I hope ole this is right. As that sounds bang on what I’m looking for. 
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited October 2017
    Interesting! Thanks for those links.

If it's to fit under a table, I see the dilemma now. I'm far from knowledgeable on these things, but I can't think of any amps I saw that were all that much smaller than the DSL I ended up with.

One of those DSL-1s sounds ideal for me too. You have to love the wording of the direct translation as well. :)
  • Yeah. I have 40cm to play with. The 1watt Marshall’s are 36cm. Just hope those rumours of a new release are right. I’ll be first in line with my cash. Ha. 
    edited October 2017
    I hope ole this is right. As that sounds bang on what I’m looking for. 
    There are quite a few new DSLs coming going by all the leaks from retailers. Thomann and numerous others had them all online with full details and prices. It looks like Marshall were quick to give them all a bollocking though and get all the links removed. There was a new EL34 powered DSL20HR, a new 40w, 100w and, if memory serves, a new 5w as well. The blurb said the EQ was tweaked, all had reverb and the Softtube emulated out. There's a thread on TGP about it with low quality pics of the new amps as well.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-marshall-dsls-coming.1865526/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DavyC. You are my new favourite person.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2017
    DavyC. You are my new favourite person.
    Happy to help    Let's hope they do get them out for xmas. I'm quite interested in the DSL20HR myself.
  • A 1 watt DSL sounds good though I hope they've added an FX loop 
  • Me too. Would be a great Chrimbo present to myself. 

• A 1 watt DSL sounds good though I hope they've added an FX loop 
    The original DSL-1C had an fx loop. Just also hope it has a proper headphone socket. 
  • DavyDavy Frets: 10
    Hopefully the Softtube emulated out doubles as a headphone socket as well. They're missing a trick if it doesn't.
  • Agree.
    I just found the description (snagged from a dealer) that I posted on TGP a while back and, for the 20w, the blurb says "new SoftTube designed emulated headphone/line out (emulating the classic 1960 cab)". It looks like, on the 20 at least, the emulated out is indeed also a headphone out. I can't see that being any different for the emulated out on the other amps.
  • Fingers crossed. Thanks buddy. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    edited October 2017
    It’s a bit of big chap. The main motivator is space. I have a DSL401 in my “music room” which is awesome. But need a smaller one for the lounge where I practice when my sons in bed. 

Got it a blackstar ID Core 10 at the moment which does a job but want a smal valve combo, I’ve tried the blackstar 1 watt and just don’t like the tone. 

Plus the ability to crank when I don’t have to be quiet is a bonus.
    Have you tried the DSL-1C yet?

If you haven't but you're just interested because it's a small Marshall valve amp, think again.

Just my opinion obviously, but I think the DSL-1C sounds terrible. Better through a 4x12", but still not by any means good. To be honest I wouldn't pay £49 for one let alone £499.

A Lead 12 - including the second version, with the 8" speaker - will sound better. Or an AVT20. Maybe even a MG15… seriously.

(I didn't want to say that earlier in case you already liked them, taste is a personal thing!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    The new 20w el34 head could be exciting!
  • They are around at decent money if you are patient, I bought a JVM1C from ramjam in Aberdeen at the start of the year for £300. I was really looking for a JMP but i tried it and really liked it.

Take it you've seen the one on ebay at £700?  :#
  • They are around at decent money if you are patient, I bought a JVM1C from ramjam in Aberdeen at the start of the year for £300. I was really looking for a JMP but i tried it and really liked it.

Take it you've seen the one on ebay at £700?  :#
    Yeah. Very expensive. JVM1C for £300???  That’s a cracking deal. 

I think the £700 one is OTT. 

Re the rumours of the new DSL-1CR. I understand this may not be a rumour so I’ll wait for that I think. 
  • I have a boxed and pretty much new jcm1 combo I'd consider selling