Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Thorpy Veteran (Si) available now.

What's Hot
StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 259
edited October 2017 in FX
Er.... Someone had to start this thread so it might as well be me.

The new Thorpy Veteran (Si) is available right now. There is a limited edition run available through and in conjunction with Reverb, with the main production run being available from December.

Here's the Reverb link    https://reverb.com/uk/shop/thorpyfx-reverb-store

I've ordered mine, and I can't wait to see how it stacks up against (and indeed with)  its germanium kin.  Happy days  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    sgosden said:
    ah but lots of folks don't look in the Made in Uk thread. Appreciated nonetheless.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Oh wow. So it's definitely going to be out in an olive green version in the future? If so, I'll snaffle one of those when I've got through my house move next month. Silicon fuzzes are my thing :) 

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    I do prefer Olive green over the current colour. 
  • I ordered one as well, was gutted to miss out on the germanium version which I think I probably would have preferred.

I would also prefer olive green, however the geek in me loves the additional etching of the Silicon symbol from the periodic table!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    sgosden said:
    ah but lots of folks don't look in the Made in Uk thread. Appreciated nonetheless.

It's true, I for one am guilty of not looking in the Made in the UK thread (there is good stuff in there, I'll keep an eye on it). I thought it was odd that I couldn't see a thread.

Next time I think that about something I might use the forum search function to save looking daft. Fortunately my slight feeling of daftness has not diminished the excitement for my incoming new Thorpy pedal. 

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    ThorpyFX said:
    sgosden said:

It's true, I for one am guilty of not looking in the Made in the UK thread (there is good stuff in there, I'll keep an eye on it). I thought it was odd that I couldn't see a thread.

Next time I think that about something I might use the forum search function to save looking daft. Fortunately my slight feeling of daftness has not diminished the excitement for my incoming new Thorpy pedal. 
    You don't look daft. I for one appreciate this PSA even if I can't afford a Veteran. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    edited October 2017
    Cheaper than the germanium was

Going by that video I'm definitely in the germanium tone Area :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Oh goody - something I can buy low and sell high!
    Oh goody - something I can buy low and sell high!
    No don't buy with that in mind. What am I saying ....... buy it but you won't be selling it...... soon anyway. It's awesome ;)
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    The silicon one isn't going to be limited edition though, so I'd doubt it's price will go up like the germanium ones.

I very nearly did order a silicon one, but I think a third Thorpy Fuzz would be overkill.

m_c said:
    The silicon one isn't going to be limited edition though, so I'd doubt it's price will go up like the germanium ones.

I very nearly did order a silicon one, but I think a third Thorpy Fuzz would be overkill.

Reverb one is limited to 100. Only cosmetically different though I believe 
  • Branshen said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    sgosden said:

You don't look daft. I for one appreciate this PSA even if I can't afford a Veteran. 

Then I'm pleased to be of service. :) 
  • m_c said:

I'm going to have both Veterans and a Muffroom Cloud. I barely even use fuzz, but before I knew what was happening I was typing in my credit card details. Something about Thorpy gives me extra gas... 
    m_c said:

I'm going to have both Veterans and a Muffroom Cloud. I barely even use fuzz, but before I knew what was happening I was typing in my credit card details. Something about Thorpy gives me extra gas... 
    with that much fuzz you'll need to get a trim down there soon  lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    That's the two I've already got, and I just can't justify another fuzz. I am however gassing for a Chainhome...
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    I'd love one but I'm swamped with pedals and now a Helix!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I've never understood the love for germanium. All my favourite fuzzes and treble boosters have been silicon.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Any reports from new owners?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Sassafras said:
    I've never understood the love for germanium. All my favourite fuzzes and treble boosters have been silicon.
    @Sassafras ; Silicon is like a nasty, nylon shirt. Germanium is like a warm, wooly jumper.