Recommend me a pitch-shifting pedal!

samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
Currently trying to finish off my board build and the final thing I need is a nice pitch shifter for those gorgeous swells B)

Ideally looking for something polyphonic with a range of intervals, perhaps around the £100-£150 mark.

Lemme know what you cats think!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    Boss PS-6 - the ability to blend in intervals under your dry signal is really useful and useable. I wouldn't suggest the Whammy since it's only 100% wet signal at all times.

Think EHX is putting out something similar in a wah style enclosure (the Slammi Plus or something?) so might be worth waiting for that.
  • jpttaylor said:
    Boss PS-6 - the ability to blend in intervals under your dry signal is really useful and useable. I wouldn't suggest the Whammy since it's only 100% wet signal at all times.

Think EHX is putting out something similar in a wah style enclosure (the Slammi Plus or something?) so might be worth waiting for that.
    Ooh okay, have you had experience with the PS-6? Yeah I’m not totally sold on the whammy, a bit too large for my needs too...

They are indeed! I’m fairly interested by it, but again the size is putting me off a bit? It looks like it’s gonna be a fairly bulky piece of kit - price looks absolutely bang on though
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I asked a similar thing earlier this week, there's also the new TC Electronic Quintessence harmonizer to consider alongside the Boss PS-6.

• I asked a similar thing earlier this week, there's also the new TC Electronic Quintessence harmonizer to consider alongside the Boss PS-6.

Oh my bad! I must have missed it when I was looking.

Also... OOH THATS A PURDY PEDAL - didn’t even know about the quintessence, absolutely considering it now tho
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    EHX Pitch Fork
  • Beexter said:
    EHX Pitch Fork
    Been after one for a while, do you have experience with it? If so, how’d you find it?
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I have a Quintessence en route, I'll chip in with some feedback when it gets here.
  • VJIves said:
    I have a Quintessence en route, I'll chip in with some feedback when it gets here.
    Perfecto, thank you
    samothy01 said:
    Beexter said:
    EHX Pitch Fork
    Been after one for a while, do you have experience with it? If so, how’d you find it?
    Yep, I own one and have done for a while. I think it does a good job and is quite flexible.
    I've used it in a variety of ways such as simulating the Octave up on a song like Are you gonna go my way, faux organ sounds in the loop of an EHX Superego and "downtuning" my guitar to Eb. Although the latter works quite well on electric, it didn't sound too clever when I tried it on the piezo pickup of my Axis SuperSport.
  • Beexter said:
    samothy01 said:
    Beexter said:
    EHX Pitch Fork
    Yep, I own one and have done for a while. I think it does a good job and is quite flexible.
    I've used it in a variety of ways such as simulating the Octave up on a song like Are you gonna go my way, faux organ sounds in the loop of an EHX Superego and "downtuning" my guitar to Eb. Although the latter works quite well on electric, it didn't sound too clever when I tried it on the piezo pickup of my Axis SuperSport.
    It’s absolutely on my shortlist, may have to get a expression pedal for it tho. Ah that’s good to know that it handles de-tuning welll! I was worried that was where it would fall flat, but alas not!
    samothy01 said:
    Beexter said:
    samothy01 said:
    Beexter said:
    EHX Pitch Fork
    It’s absolutely on my shortlist, may have to get a expression pedal for it tho. Ah that’s good to know that it handles de-tuning welll! I was worried that was where it would fall flat, but alas not!
    The pitch fork will also do whammy style effects without an expression pedal - you just set the footswitch to momentary and set the range on the pedal. Of course, it will take an expression pedal and you will need one if you want to adjust the speed of the pitch transition when using the momentary switch setting. 
    There's an awful lot crammed into a small footprint. 
    There can be a little bit of latency but no worse than others I've tried.