Helix Question

What's Hot
x-valves4everx-valves4ever Frets: 104
The Helix can be used as a DAW interface I believe...and has 8 inputs....thing is what are the 8 inputs?....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    You have the mic input, guitar, aux, fx loop return 1,2,3 and 4 as well as the variax. Haven’t used it as an interface yet. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You have the mic input, guitar, aux, fx loop return 1,2,3 and 4 as well as the variax. Haven’t used it as an interface yet. 
    Thanks for that....I didn't realise that the returns could be used as separate inputs....will get it all connected up...should be good....
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    this Helix thing needs its own damn forum section
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Ro_S said:

you're only cranky because you want one too ;)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Ro_S said:
    Agreed, so does Katana
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    I have a question for the helix. 4 out of 5 people in my band are on ears, Custards last stand is still on a wedge monitor and nothing else must pollute said monitor except the holy vocal. 
    With my IEM system I have a stereo input for the Helix so would be able to hear myself perfectly with a flat frequency response as intended. Can I take an output from another source that's designed to feed a regular amp so the guy who doesn't use ears can hear an amp onstage as normal ?
    I know from experience the output into a regular guitar amp is bright as hell, I kind of need 2 outputs, one flat response for me and one compensated because it's feeding a guitar amp ?
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited October 2017
    @Danny1969 ;; Yes, you can you can route the signal through any of the FX sends and pop an EQ block in the chain, or you could even route the signal through a separate amp and cab if you wanted
    John_A said:
    @Danny1969 ;; Yes, you can you can route the signal through any of the FX sends and pop an EQ block in the chain, or you could even route the signal through a separate amp and cab if you wanted
    Ah cool I really want to try gigging one and our lighting guy has brought one which I can use. There's a Plexi sound already in the thing that sounds pretty good to me, wouldn't take long to build some decent patches out of that
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    dindude said:
    Ro_S said:
    Agreed, so does Katana
    We have talked about having a separate modeller section. The reason we haven’t is because there is so much overlap between FX pedals, multi FX and full scale modellers. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    Danny1969 said:
    I have a question for the helix. 4 out of 5 people in my band are on ears, Custards last stand is still on a wedge monitor and nothing else must pollute said monitor except the holy vocal. 
    With my IEM system I have a stereo input for the Helix so would be able to hear myself perfectly with a flat frequency response as intended. Can I take an output from another source that's designed to feed a regular amp so the guy who doesn't use ears can hear an amp onstage as normal ?
    I know from experience the output into a regular guitar amp is bright as hell, I kind of need 2 outputs, one flat response for me and one compensated because it's feeding a guitar amp ?

Why not just give him another wedge?

R.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    It also has 8 USB channels. VEr handy for setting it up as an outboard dsp fx box or for reamping dry tracks the the modelling.
    Danny1969 said:

Why not just give him another wedge?

R.
    He's got 2 x HK Darts and still wouldn't want anything bar his vocal in em :) 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    Danny1969 said:
    He's got 2 x HK Darts and still wouldn't want anything bar his vocal in em :) 
    In that case, stick another one behind him with just guitar in it :)

R.
    sgosden said:
    Ro_S said:

you're only cranky because you want one too ;)
    nope, never
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

Roland said:

We have talked about having a separate modeller section. The reason we haven’t is because there is so much overlap between FX pedals, multi FX and full scale modellers. 
    separate forum section for multi-fx units, please

(Line 6 M5 and Zoom Multistomps excepted)

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Or just ignore the threads with Helix in the title?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I only said the halibut was fit for Jehovah...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom