Boss DD-7 Line Level Capability

indiansummer1indiansummer1 Frets: 32
edited October 2017 in FX
Hi everyone,

I'm putting on a gig in a couple of weeks and have a bit of a bodge situation going on with the PA. I'm planning on using one relatively small mixer/amplifier to power the monitors, and then taking an output from that and running it into the in house PA for the main speakers.

I'm not a fan of a dry vocal sound, and would like to be able to run a delay pedal (Boss DD-7) inbetween the small mixer and the in house PA if possible. The problem is that the outputs from the mixer are +4db. Is this likely to overload the pedal?

As far as I'm aware, neither mixer has an FX loop.

Thanks in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This thread suggests that you might have problems putting a full +4dB into the DD-7.

BUT - you could just pull back the master faders on the small mixer to a level the DD-7 can handle and then make up the gain on the house PA input.
  • Thanks, I guess I'll have to give it a go to find out.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I've experienced exactly that problem with a DD-7 before in an amp's loop playing guitar, ditto DD-3 and DD-2, they overloaded.  

The DD-20 though has a setting to take it down to -10db if that helps.

The DD-7 to be fair worked fine when I wasn't driving the amp, so the level hitting it is important.