Analogman Sunlion...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited October 2017
    Stupidly sold one on here a couple years ago, funnily enough to a certain British boutique pedal maker that he used as, ahem, research for his own take on it... veterans around here will maybe know who I mean. 

Anyway, want one and so far can’t find one second hand.

Bought direct from Analog Mike, it’s coming out at around $400 including postage. Pretty decent! But does anyone know how much import duty I’ll be charged on that? 

Cheers! 
    F

Wow, that makes Mr @ThorpyFX ; a bit of a Sun Lion collector - as I have an ebay sale receipt for a Sun Lion that I sold him in 2008.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6118
    tFB Trader
    MtB said:
    Stupidly sold one on here a couple years ago, funnily enough to a certain British boutique pedal maker that he used as, ahem, research for his own take on it... veterans around here will maybe know who I mean. 

Anyway, want one and so far can’t find one second hand.

Bought direct from Analog Mike, it’s coming out at around $400 including postage. Pretty decent! But does anyone know how much import duty I’ll be charged on that? 

Cheers! 
    F

Wow, that makes Mr @ThorpyFX ; a bit of a Sun Lion collector - as I have an ebay sale receipt for a Sun Lion that I sold him in 2008.  
    Blimey. Nope that one got sold when I divorced in 2011. Buts that’s why I knew it was the benchmark I needed again. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7761
    This thread is a classic internet lesson of how to stick your foot in it :)
    Just glad it's not me, being all mature and that.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6118
    tFB Trader
    This thread is a classic internet lesson of how to stick your foot in it :)
    Just glad it's not me, being all mature and that.
    As in me? 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    @ThorpyFX definitely not
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    edited October 2017
    @Winny_Pooh How have I stuck my foot in it then? I got the info I wanted and had a good natured wee chat wi @ThorpyFX. Where's the damage?
    @jfraze5150 ; you made an accusation about copying and were forced to backtrack. No harm mean, we've all done it :) rock on
  • I wasn't 'forced' to do anything. Cheers for your input though. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    I’m happy the OP turned me on to the Sunlion.  I’d never heard of them! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @antifash No worries! Just don’t be outbidding me on any you see coming up!  ;)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    @antifash No worries! Just don’t be outbidding me on any you see coming up!  ;)
    One has to be careful on here sometimes :( That's exactly what happened to me on something I was bidding on. Not a problem as I got another 2 days later but I'm careful what I flag up on here now :( 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Totally. There-by fueling the pedal/message board hype I was getting my knickers in a twist about in the first place!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Just my opinion but spending double the RRP on something because they are ‘limited’ and because of internet message board hype would make me feel like a chump. 
    IMO you're thinking backwards about this.  That was then, this is now.  Buy one cos that's what you want, no chumpage involved.  Buy it and enjoy in good health :)