Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The amount of money in my PayPal...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26923
    edited October 2017
    I'm biased towards international delivery options, but Thomann can get fucked. Andertons are great in my experience. Gear4music also worthy of note.

Why is that may I ask?
    I'm still waiting for a delivery (Empress Echosystem and TC Ditto) from Thomann. £50 for international shipping (not a big deal as I'm not paying VAT) but it's taken 3 weeks and still no sign - DHL have handed it off to our local snail mail, despite DHL being international courier with probably the biggest profile out here. So it's a nightmare. The same thing happened last time I used Thomann but they were the only ones with the Echosystem in stock at the time. It's since come in and out of stock with Andertons and Gear4music, both of whom are great.

Equally, on the same day I ordered a PSU from Andertons. £20 delivery with UPS and it came in 3 days. And when I ordered a Helix from G4M that was a similar story - £40 or so shipping but arrived well within a week. 

Just makes me question why I'm paying so much to Thomann. Presumably they're having good company lunches...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 569
    edited October 2017
    I’ve had no issue with any of those guys but I have had pricey next day delivery where it has come late a few times with other retailers. 

As it often isn’t their fault I always ask for a refund and they claim from the shipping company. Worth trying each time. 

Ive started using UPS for sending stuff sold on here as it can be picked up same day for next day so no more visiting the post office. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17585
    tFB Trader
    thomasw88 said:
    In 3 years what will they be worth.. Buy a few nice pedals that get the sounds you want you'll be likely to lose less money..

While this is true I've never regretted buying really good bits of digital kit like the POD2.

What does make me cringe is when you see overly blingy far east metal guitars that cost about a grand struggling to make £200 six months later.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • You know where yamaha are based right? 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17585
    tFB Trader
    You know where yamaha are based right? 

Yep, but a helix isn't a blingy metal guitar.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited October 2017
    thomasw88 said:
    In 3 years what will they be worth.. Buy a few nice pedals that get the sounds you want you'll be likely to lose less money..
    That’s true if you can get the sounds you want. I always found something lacking, now I don’t.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    mixolyd said:
    Some time with the Helix Native trial has put me off of the idea of ever buying a Helix unit, great deal though it may be.  There are some amazing tones in Helix but they aren’t the tones I want and require much faffing around with IR’s, Hi Cut & Lo Cut to carve out of the fizzy, farty mess that surrounds the bits I want.

There is a core of great sound in there which will suit the players who are after the tones that Helix is better at, but that’s not me.  I recommend trying Helix Native as a much cheaper way of test driving the platform in terms of time and energy.
    Replying to my own comment having been introduced to Native through a DI box instead of straight into the audio interface: a sizeable improvement with much of the fizz and fuzz gone.  Probably still not for me as I’m not a PC-lover but it has rehabilitated Helix in my eyes.

So don’t be put off by Native sounding bad: it needs an interface designed for guitars or a DI box to sound right.