More new budget TC Electronic pedals

What's Hot
DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
The last set released a few months ago looked promising (yes I know they're rehoused Behringer pedals but still) and now they've brought out even more.

https://www.tcelectronic.com/guitar/pedals/

Includes the Eyemaster which I guess is sort of an HM-2 clone (with only two knobs), the Nether which is an octaver (one I have my eye on the most), the Iron Curtain (noise gate), Crescendo (auto swell) and a few more. Might have to invest!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I've got he afterglow chorus and it's really very good indeed. The new dimension chorus looks interesting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Does anyone know which rehoused Behringer clones of which other pedals these are? 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Does anyone know which rehoused Behringer clones of which other pedals these are? 
    A few people on Reddit have said the Eyemaster sounds like a Boss HM-2 with the EQ knobs maxed out. The Dimension Chorus and the Crescendo Auto Swell also seem pretty close to the Dimension C and Slow Gear.

The El Mochambo sounds like an SD-1 or Tubescreamer clone, judging by the description anyway. Other than that, I'm not sure. Maybe the Honey Pot is a Big Muff clone, again judging by the description.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Slightly off topic but has anyone else heard about the Dark Matter 2 that is planned for next year? Apparently it's a Dark Matter with a booster, possibly a Spark, in a dual pedal. The DM is my new favourite pedal so this sounds like a great combination.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky

And which Boss pedals the Behringer pedals are clones of?
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    ^ http://thetoneking.com/wp/behringer-stomp-box-cross-comparison-chart/

(I haven't tried any of the Behringers so I'm just assuming that list is correct.)

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited November 2017
    I'm assuming that the new 'Honey Pot Fuzz' is a Big Muff.   Perhaps a re-worked Behringer VD1 circuit (which was based on the black Russian Big Muff)

p.s. rude name and rude shaped delta graphic 
    £70?!  I'd rather get the new EHX Russian Big Muff 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

edited November 2017
    Dopesick said:
     know they're rehoused Behringer pedals but still
    Does anyone know which rehoused Behringer clones of which other pedals these are? 
    None  - or most - of this series are NOT Behringer rehousing or direct clones (excuse the double negative), but tweaked Behringer circuits.

I presume that the TC Echobrain analogue delay is a tweaked Behringer 'VD400'; which itself is at least inspired by Boss DM2 or DM3.  

As for which the others in the series are tweaked versions of I don't know as I haven't looked closely, but it can't be hard to work out. 

I don't believe the TC Rusty Fuzz is based on the Beghringer SF400 Superfuzz model, though - probably their other fuzz, the UZ400 Ultra Fuzz

p.s. 

The new TC '3rd Dimension' is presumably a tweaked Behringer CC300 Chorus Space, which is Boss DC2 based.   Nice! I can see this selling well.

p.p.s

The new TC  El Mocambo Overdrive is  presumably a tweaked Behringer T0800 Vintage Tube Overdrive (Tubescreamer)

The new TC Nether Octave is  is  presumably a tweaked Behringer U0300 Ultra Octaver (Boss OC2)

The new TC Choka may be a reworked version of  Behringer UT100 tremolo  (Boss TR2)
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    edited November 2017
    If I'm remembering correctly from hearing TC Tore talk about this range, a couple are entirely 'new' designs, many are reworkings of the old Behringer plastic pedal line - but he seemed keen to emphasise they are not just 'rehousings', he's worked on them and 'tweaked' until he's satisfied with them.

One quirk I've noticed from demos is the footswitch - it's a soft switch which activates on the release rather than the initial press down. This may be related to the design of the new 'mash' footswitch on the upgraded toneprint pedals - due to the 'mash' functionality on those switches, they also activate on/off on the release rather than the press.
    edited November 2017
    TC 'Eyemaster Metal Distortion' - has zero tonal controls.  wtf?

Yes, the official descriptions clearly imply the HM2.   Maybe the tone controls on the TC are fixed in the circuit at full clockwise?

edited November 2017
    Is the TC 'Blood Stone Phaser' from this series based on the small stone circuit, does anyone know?  or is it a complete ground-up design?

What is the Cinders Overdrive based on?   Boss BD2?  Marshall Bluesbreaker?