Volt Amps

ToonToon Frets: 57
Anyone on here got an amp from Volt Amp Co.? I was looking  at their website and it looks intriguing. Not cheap but the sound clips are impressive. http://www.voltamps.co.uk/ 
I'd not heard of them before but looks like a UK Dumble clone

I am not young enough to know everything

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I missed out picking up one used. yes, they do sound interesting.
  • Myself and a friend went to Stone in Staffordshire (quite a drive from the Sussex coast) so he could buy a Fender Esprit from Mr Volt Amps in person ...and the guitar was (unsurprising) demoed through one of his Overdrive Specials. Admittedly, we were only there for an hour or so, but it looked to be very solidly built - and it sounded bloody lovely!

IIRC, they start life as very basic Ceriatone kits and are custom built from there.  This was two or three years ago now though, so things might have changed since then...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    Myself and a friend went to Stone in Staffordshire (quite a drive from the Sussex coast) so he could buy a Fender Esprit from Mr Volt Amps in person ...and the guitar was (unsurprising) demoed through one of his Overdrive Specials. Admittedly, we were only there for an hour or so, but it looked to be very solidly built - and it sounded bloody lovely!

IIRC, they start life as very basic Ceriatone kits and are custom built from there.  This was two or three years ago now though, so things might have changed since then...
    Did he buy the esprit?
  • He's mates with our singer (also from Stone) and a couple of other people I know. I played through one of his earlier non-Dumble type amps but not the newer ones. I'll see what I can find out. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited November 2017
    lukedlb said:
    Myself and a friend went to Stone in Staffordshire (quite a drive from the Sussex coast) so he could buy a Fender Esprit from Mr Volt Amps in person ...and the guitar was (unsurprising) demoed through one of his Overdrive Specials. Admittedly, we were only there for an hour or so, but it looked to be very solidly built - and it sounded bloody lovely!

Did he buy the esprit?

Yup. It's a cracker too.

We also got a brief tour of his remaining Esprit collection.  o

I still dream about the top-spec Robben Ford model he had...

I followed your suggestion and the ceriatone is certainly the base. I wonder what the mods are. There must be something similar to the c-lator in there.  
    Cooling Fan. 
    100/50 watt switch. 
    Spring reverb. 
    3 button footswitch. 
    Valve driven effects loop. 
  • Oli Brown swore by them before he got an endorsement with Marshall (and to be honest, I still think he rates the Volt!)

Loadsa clips on You Tube of Oli putting it through it's paces and if you listen to "Here I Am" (album) then most of that was recorded with the Volt I think.
    Oli Brown swore by them before he got an endorsement with Marshall (and to be honest, I still think he rates the Volt!)

Loadsa clips on You Tube of Oli putting it through it's paces and if you listen to "Here I Am" (album) then most of that was recorded with the Volt I think.
    Good call!

• Oli Brown still uses his volt amp for the blue gigs, the Marshall's are used for his new band Raveneye. I think it was his second album that was solely recorded on the Volt prototype.
    Theses amps more not built with Ceriatone parts thats some confusion the. They are totally hand made in England.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited January 2019
    lovetone said:

These amps more not built with Ceriatone parts thats some confusion. They are totally hand made in England.
    Confusion that was totally my fault.  I hold my hands up.  I got the wrong end of the stick in a conversation with the proprietor of Volt Amps and have unwittingly compounded the error by re-telling it over the intervening years as a happy recommendation of his amps ...because they are very nice indeed...