Equipment for triggering samples live

gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919

We're looking to trigger some samples during our live set. Don't have to be sync's time wise. Don't want them looping. Just some vocals, sound effects etc.

What is a relatively easy bit of kit to use for this? I looked into iPhone apps, but none I found would simply trigger mp3 files saved on the phone.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    I've been thinking about this too. Mainly for guitar parts rather than vocals. I thought about the Boss RC 3. Stil a bit pricey though :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    I have a Digitech JamMan Stereo that I bought for exactly this purpose.  Around the £130 mark.  With a cheap SD card to boost the capacity it can store up to 16 hours of CD Quality samples spread over 198 locations.  Looping or single-shot playback, tap-tempo syncing.  I'm amazed at what it can do for the money !

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/digitech-jamman-stereo--71254?gclid=Cj0KCQjwybvPBRDBARIsAA7T2khQZstIrbS8GRptNUeHsWtFnFI3xsULNCYglMdginKvgj-CG9v2lAoaAkepEALw_wcB

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    There are a few iPad and iPhone apps out there for this sort of thing (probably android too, but I haven't looked). Something like Soundboard Studio Lite is free and I think can use tracks from your phone: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/soundboard-studio-lite/id1108810082?mt=8

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    There are very cheap ways of doing it.

If it's to be triggered by hand then a cheap laptop running Reaper is fine ...  with the samples loaded at the beginning on separate tracks and solo mode set to exclusive, hitting the solo button on the next sample will automatically mute the rest. 
    Space bar is the trigger but it's not hard to fit another mico switch running to a push to make floor switch trigger

Voice memo on a phone can be used at a push

Jamup on an iPhone \ Ipad is great for samples, it can load from saved samples on the phone, free version is fine
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    Cheers @Danny1969 will try the free jamup and see how it goes.