Budget travel guitar advice.

What's Hot
priceypricey Frets: 0
edited November 2017 in Acoustics
Hi Im looking to purchase a small / travel guitar (taylor gs mini type size), Im on the move a lot and will be left around the workplace so don't want to spend as much as the Taylors/martins etc. I have been looking at the James Neligan ASY-A Mini, the Luna safari and the Dean flight guitars. all between £130 - £170

This is for practising guitar only not preforming or anything and i plan to buy a better guitar for home later.

Does anybody know much about these and be able to compare? or advise on good alternatives? there is nowhere close that I could test.

thanks
mark 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    I've read some critical reviews about the Neligans (poor build quality).

The Gretsch Jim Dandy (parlour) is highly regarded.

Sigma produce some highly rated budget guitars. They do a Mahogany Travel that you can get for just under £200. 
    The Vintage v300 has a solid reputation at this price point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Kilgore said:
    I've read some critical reviews about the Neligans (poor build quality).

The Gretsch Jim Dandy (parlour) is highly regarded.

Sigma produce some highly rated budget guitars. They do a Mahogany Travel that you can get for just under £200. 
    The Vintage v300 has a solid reputation at this price point.
    This.
    The Jim Dandy is great fun to play.
    Sigma and Vintage make some great acoustics that punch way above their price point.

I'd also suggest keeping an eye out for a Faith Naked Mercury- I landed one secondhand for just over £200 & it's excellent.
  • Ok thanks guys I noticed the jim dandy on another thread. I think they have them at my local pmt store, so i try to get my hands on it and look out for these other sugestions
  • I'd look out for a preloved Faith Nomad
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8773
    Not precisely what you said you're after, but there's a chap selling a dismantleable (is that a word?  it is now!) travel guitar that fits in a bag in the classifieds.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • I'm way out of your area but I have a Brunner outdoor guitar for sale in the classifieds - I'm more than happy for you to take it on approval and return it if you don't get on with it. Check the makers website for details; it is a very playable little guitar. £185 posted?
  • Frank_BlankFrank_Blank Frets: 5
    edited January 2018
    Hi Pricey. I'm just about to put a Gretsch Jim Dandy up for sale on here. PM if you want details?