Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Micing your amp - what microphone?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    viz said:
    It's ok-ish. It doesn't sound as good as my amp, but that's just because it's going through the PA amp and speakers, instead of to my V30s cab. 
    If only there was some device that could send the sounds coming out your speaker cab to the FOH...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    Cirrus said:
    viz said:
    It's ok-ish. It doesn't sound as good as my amp, but that's just because it's going through the PA amp and speakers, instead of to my V30s cab. 
    If only there was some device that could send the sounds coming out your speaker cab to the FOH...
    :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    Cirrus said:
    viz said:
    If only there was some device that could send the sounds coming out your speaker cab to the FOH…
    lol

But more seriously, the real problem is to find a device that will send the sound *you hear on stage from several feet away from your cab* to the PA, so that it sounds the same out front as it does to you.

Unfortunately the answer is not 'a microphone pressed up against the grille cloth'. One of the better DI/emulator boxes is probably no further away.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• vizviz Frets: 10647
    ICBM said:
    Cirrus said:
    viz said:
    If only there was some device that could send the sounds coming out your speaker cab to the FOH…
    lol

But more seriously, the real problem is to find a device that will send the sound *you hear on stage from several feet away from your cab* to the PA, so that it sounds the same out front as it does to you.

Unfortunately the answer is not 'a microphone pressed up against the grille cloth'. One of the better DI/emulator boxes is probably no further away.

Yes, I think if the PA's good enough then it'll be fine. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.