Wedding Present - Bizarro

Any other fans here? Absolutely love this record. 

Any ideas what guitar gear is used on it? I've always loved the sound (and playing!) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28032
    It is excellent.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Yep, they peaked here I think, fantastic record.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 399
    Peter Solowka always used SGs, that much I remember. Tommy > George Best > Bizarro > Sea Monsters is quite an unimpeachable run of albums*, too.

* I know that Tommy's strictly speaking a compilation, but it never felt like that BITD.
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    Love Wedding Present - Tommy and Bizarro are my two favourites... Not sure on the full compliment of guitars but David Gedge used to play 335 types. I've seen him play Epi and Gibsons...
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Yep, great band, great album, "Brassneck, Kennedy and Take Me" are probably my favourite tracks.
    We are all Chameleons...
  • The other guitarist in my first band was a big fan. He was a metaler who turned indie after hearing them.

I never fully saw the attraction to be honest, despite seeing them twice (Buffalo Tom were supporting them). I think I preferred the American indie at the time.
  • Not really heard them beyond the version of "This Boy Can Wait" on C86. I used to love the really fast 16th notes strumming and I slipped a bit of it into my playing in a band I was at the time, almost unconsciously. Happy days 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    I like them, but to be honest I preferred Cinerama.

I saw them a few times - the last time was when they'd more or less gone back to being The Wedding Present. David Gedge was usually using an Ibanez semi-hollow or occasionally a Strat. Simon Cleave used a Strat and a Mk1 Boogie.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I've only heard Seamonsters. I bought it after seeing them at Festival No 6 a couple of years ago, they did a set without a drummer - they had a drum track playing on a tape recorder I think! Anyway Suck was the song I enjoyed the most so I bought the album, it's great with in your face Steve Ablini engineering; time I got round to listening to the earlier lp's. .
  • I've only heard Seamonsters. I bought it after seeing them at Festival No 6 a couple of years ago, they did a set without a drummer - they had a drum track playing on a tape recorder I think! Anyway Suck was the song I enjoyed the most so I bought the album, it's great with in your face Steve Ablini engineering; time I got round to listening to the earlier lp's. .
    -you're in for a treat with Bizarro. It's great. 
  • Amazing album. Love The Wedding Present, chimey dirty guitars, shuffley drums, David Gedge's sarky vocals. The early 90s were the best.