SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Guitarist magazines, Massive collection, Total 409 *Another Price Drop*

What's Hot
AnglianAnglian Frets: 11
edited April 2018 in Misc £
Massive collection of Guitarist magazines, total of 409 from Sept 1984 to Dec 2016, only 3 missing: Jan 85 / Feb 95 / May 2000.

Includes 205 CDs and 5 DVDs.All in excellent condition, stored in chronological order with labelled boxes and printed index.
Pickup only from just north of Cambridge as magazines are in 7 plastic boxes and CD/DVDs in 2 smaller plastics boxes.

A collectors dream!
£400 £350 £300 PayPal Gift

4reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28284
    Brian May .... with a Ibanez!?!?!?!?!?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22683
    What prompted the decision to get rid of them?  I wish I could bring myself to take that step....
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    I have a similar stack. Been on gumtree for ages. I can guess your decision was a hard one to sell as it was mine :(

GLWTS
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27419
    Half of me says "wow".  Just £1/mag with enough reading material, lessons and history to keep anyone vaguely interested in guitar music for a very long time.

The other half of me also says "wow".  How many storage boxes??

Another GLWTS.  You need the magazinist equivalent of Harry7.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028
    TTony said:

;)

@TTony - HarrySeven is *already* the magazinist equivalent of HarrySeven - I'm avoiding thinking about just how many vintage guitar/music mags I have...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27419
    TTony said:

;)

@TTony - HarrySeven is *already* the magazinist equivalent of HarrySeven - I'm avoiding thinking about just how many vintage guitar/music mags I have...
    I deliberately didn't tag you in my post, thinking that you'd not be interested!!!

So, the mags are in storage Hangar 5, after the guitars in Hanger 1 and 2, the amps in Hanger 3, the FX in Hanger 4, and the just-received-haven't-opened-yet items in Hangars 6, 7, 8 and 9??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12344
    Lost count of the number of ads where people have tried to move on Guitarist mags. It usually doesn't end well, but at least these are amazingly cheap!! Someone will definitely get a bargain. Sadly I don't have the space and my wife would definitely kill me if I turned up with that lot. GLWS.  ;)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Hang on, @HarrySeven lives in RAF Cosford?

wow.
    TTony said:
    Half of me says "wow".  Just £1/mag with enough reading material, lessons and history to keep anyone vaguely interested in guitar music for a very long time.

The other half of me also says "wow".  How many storage boxes??
    I must admit I thought wow, how few storage boxes?

Only 7?  My entire flat seems to be full of guitar magazines.

I think if and when I get rid of mine they'll probably end up in a skip, I don't think I have the patience to try to sell them.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited October 2017
    Back in the day and don't mean that long ago ( maybe 14 years ago) I used buy back issues on eBay. Most I remembered paying for one was £18. YouTube has killed that market I feel now. But great if you sell them. They'll certainly fund a new pedal 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Back in the day and don't mean that long ago ( maybe 14 years ago) I used buy back issues on eBay. Most I remembered paying for one was £18. YouTube has killed that market I feel now. 
    I still do that, although generally from the mags' own websites nowadays.

It's been getting quite hard to get every issue of Guitar Player recently, especially since WH Smith is pretty much the only newsagent which still exists.  Buying their back issues from the US is very pricey.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    axisus said:
    Brian May .... with a Ibanez!?!?!?!?!?
    @axisus Brian May with the signed Chromeboy-finish JS given to him by Satriani. :sunglasses:

TTony said:

;)
    Whilst I could never compete with @Harry7, when I saw @TTony's post, I could just about make this out in the sky above the Hofftoberfest:

http://www.dlm.dhbw-mannheim.de/fileadmin/_migrated/pics/220x220_usp-ffw-dlm.png
  • AnglianAnglian Frets: 11
    Weekend bump and price drop:)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Another weekend bump and price drop
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7005
    tFB Trader
    A while back I had a lot of old guitar mags that I offered on here free to anyone who would take them. Nobody did and they ended up in the recycling bin.
    You might be right, although you do see lots of people on ebay selling individual copies at silly prices!
  • One more bump:)
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    If you do end up having to 'dispose' of them, try a charity shop rather than recycling. I had the same problem with stacks of motorbike mags - I started dropping them off two carrier bags full every few weeks. The ones I'd dropped off had always been sold by the time I returned. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mort said:
    If you do end up having to 'dispose' of them, try a charity shop rather than recycling. I had the same problem with stacks of motorbike mags - I started dropping them off two carrier bags full every few weeks. The ones I'd dropped off had always been sold by the time I returned. 
    Good idea!  And it wouldn't feel like they're simply going to waste.