Who else went to see Greg Koch?

JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
...in Guildford last Monday?

Great fun. Instructive and inspiring. 

Terrific sound too...just him and his CS Tele on a fair-sized stage into a Vibrolux and Deluxe Reverb reissue, both at decent volume and with his Triple Gristle for dirt.

What a player he is. He opened with two minutes of dischordant nonsense which actually had me laughing out loud. So glad I went. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• i really wanted to go! All sold out.

I thought he was there to show off his new signature amp!

I went to the robben ford one last year.

What was discussed? Anything you learned? He is a awesome player and great teacher!
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    He mentioned the amp and described its various features but it wasn't there. Think he went off next day to see it on the Continent and has been doing social media about it the last few days. 

Learned quite a bit actually about some of the jazzy chords and licks he uses. He did a bit on chicken picking and picking generally which was quite useful.

The tonal stuff seemed life-affirming for those of us with Teles, dirt pedals and Fender amps! 

• It’s always a good experience to be in the same room as guys like Greg. Inspirational. Hope he tours here! He didn’t have any uk dates? Just the clinic?

did he have a blonde vibrolux?
  • His new amp looks and sounds incredible from a vid I watched earlier!
    No UK dates, but I think this new trio he's in intends to do some maybe next year.

He was using silverface reissues, presumably laid on by Andertons.

Resurrecting this old thread as a heads-up for Greg's new regular YouTube show with Ken Haas, plugging Reverend guitars. Worth a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ove_q9zM2gw