Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bands You Don't Like

What's Hot
LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
edited November 2017 in Music
The Darkness are lame IMO.
They cited being influenced by Guns N' Roses, then ran around singing I Believe In A Thing Called Love and sounded and looked all dorky doing it.

Bands you don't like?

Also, apparently they even were opening for Guns N' Roses this year and Guns N' Roses didn't want be seen with them...
http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-wouldnt-hang-out-with-opener-really-strange-reasons/

I just found this story just now but everything else about The Darkness I've felt for years/They suck IMO.

I'm not even going to post their music since I'm not about giving them more plays.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    I'm not going to lie, finding out just now about Guns N' Roses keeping their distance, (If I were Guns N' Roses, 'and I'm not, but if I were'); I'd probably do the same thing considering what I read The Darkness claiming to be like GN'R back in 2003 and hearing their music.
    So embarrassing IMO for Guns N' Roses fans in the UK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TBH, I'd hate a world where The Darkness was ever the UK answer to Guns N' Roses.
    'No'
    'No!'
    IMO.
  • Most bands are just trying to do things they are in to. If I don’t like it then I just listen to something else. There’s plenty of other music instead
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • The darkness are a fun band. If they annoy. you, move along! Personally I quite enjoy a bit of Darkness when I'm in that kind of mood. 

There's plenty of modern crap to ignore, at least they play proper instruments and don't autotune everything

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and pigeon hole you as a GNR fan? ;)
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guns N' Roses used to try leave politics out of their music...
    One more thing to respect about them and their music..

The Darkness, if they'd have kept Guns N' Roses out of it, just left the GN'R out of their mouths, would be okay; If they didn't have their rock music but had rock music that rocked... (I'm mean, sorry)... - Then that would have been okay to cite Guns N' Roses...

I mean, if I ever hit, became success, signed up and got produced and was influenced by Guns N' Roses (I'd be lying if I said I didn't love their sound and use them as influence)... I'd want my music to be honest and honestly, what I've go to say is probably controversial and could be (I might just suck) why I've been me turned down from record deals outside of my own control - but if I hit somehow, with my songs... My guitar work etc etc...
    I'd play odes to Guns N' Roses so give them a share of the pot on royalties, and thank them if I ever got to in the press, but... You could slap me if you ever see me trying to be them some 30 years later now...
    I guess I should love and thank the Darkness for showing me what I don't like.

Their song, is okay, vocally, and even the guitar work (I Believe In A Thing Called Love). but no...
    Not to be my country's answer to Guns N' Roses, I mean, if anything, that was The Rolling Stones, IMO. But I just like Guns N' Roses, great songs.
    The Darkness, get too political and ready to run with the Guns N' Roses with songs like those, if honest, just no.
    http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-wouldnt-hang-out-with-opener-really-strange-reasons/
    I found a video that also reminds me of this thing I found this morning after even making my thread/how random but not, if you get what I mean, I mean, who knew they worked together on that tour but... I am not surprised to hear this, given what I know about them, and this thing I found out afterwards

Because IMO, The Darkness sound so lame.
    Like, they share 1 IQ point between 4 guys.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    That's a reasonable deduction! Shockingly, I find the darkness much more tolerable than GnR ... That ginger whiny bloke really is a prick with a stuck up his arse! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    I don't hate them, but, IMO, they're cheesy and not helping rock when bands like that get to sell but in Rap, you've got more genuine music grabbing kids attention in the UK home market now, that's not even BritPop or Indie or anything anymore because even now those bands aren't fresh/new. Like UK Rock, from the Rolling Stones etc. The people who scared parents back in their day because it was the POV from the kids growing up etc, IDK, I wasn't there, I was born in 1986 right and I'm 31 this month.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229
    Guns N' Roses used to try leave politics out of their music...

The Darkness, if they'd have kept Guns N' Roses out of it, just left the GN'R out of their mouths, would be okay; If they didn't have their rock music but had rock music that rocked... (I'm mean, sorry)... - Then that would have been okay to cite Guns N' Roses...

I mean, if I ever hit, became success, signed up and got produced and was influenced by Guns N' Roses (I'd be lying if I said I didn't love their sound and use them as influence)... I'd want my music to be honest and honestly, what I've go to say is probably controversial and could be (I might just suck) why I've been me turned down from record deals outside of my own control - but if I hit somehow, with my songs... My guitar work etc etc...
    I'd play odes to Guns N' Roses so give them a share of the pot on royalties, and thank them if I ever got to in the press, but... You could slap me if you ever see me trying to be them some 30 years later now...

Their song, is okay, vocally, and even the guitar work (I Believe In A Thing Called Love). but no...
    Not to be my country's answer to Guns N' Roses, I mean, if anything, that was The Rolling Stones, IMO. But I just like Guns N' Roses, great songs.
    The Darkness, get too political and ready to run with the Guns N' Roses with songs like those, if honest, just no.
    I found a video that also reminds me of this thing I found this morning after even making my thread/how random but not, if you get what I mean, I mean, who knew they worked together on that tour but... I am not surprised to hear this, given what I know about them, and this thing I found out afterwards

'Cough...!!'

Civil War?
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

'Cough...!!'

Civil War?
    I guess songs can be taken anyway you want.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229

'Cough...!!'

Civil War?
    To fit your narrative?
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017

'Cough...!!'

Civil War?
    Even Chinese Democracy *cough....
    Banned in PRC (People's Republic of China) even...
    That lyric about the Falun Gong made me aware and listen to this Falun Gong thing in China Town one afternoon in 2014, and in that I found it was:
    https://dafoh.org/petition-to-the-united-nations/
    So I signed it and learned a thing that day.

I'm probably wrong, I've never met the band or anyone who works with them but... I like what I've heard about them not really wanting to get political when it comes to music, and serves as something for me to think about in general unless I'm not doing music, but running for Class President at my school, then I'm all ears, all issues, and these people don't know that I even play the guitar!.. - why should that matter? -- It don't/doesn't/matters not.
    So personally in my life, I try to not get political, since it makes a little sense to me, that thing I heard, good tip, but like everything, it's not set in stone, you wanna write it? Write it.
    edited November 2017
    I feel the world we live in forced me into politics, in an ideal world, I get to play guitar and just be.
    But in these times and things going on with my class in regards to lack of communication and a confusion about finance and what year to apply for resulting in everyone going with out for so long in my particular class (which is just 1 group out of 60 through out the whole school)... Alas, it isn't so.
    I'm forced into politics because life is annoying when you're just trying to be.
  • I can't even.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom

'Cough...!!'

Civil War?
    To fit your narrative?
    Like a Picasso or a Van Gogh perhaps.
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    I wonder what gave me away?
  • Is there not be a Facebook group away from here where people who post almost every thought in their head can have a safe space?
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Is there not be a Facebook group away from here where people who post almost every thought in their head can have a safe space?
    Or a local bus/park etc..
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Is there not be a Facebook group away from here where people who post almost every thought in their head can have a safe space?
    It's called Freedom.

The freedom to play favouritism, the freedom to say I don't like this band or I don't like this artist.
    The freedom to say I like what I like, I don't like this, and here's why...
  • It's like... IMO, if UK rock churns out bands like The Darkness, I don't want to be associated with The Darkness.