Well, just came across some new blues I actually liked

What's Hot
LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831

Wicked. Kinda reminds me of a mix of Black Keys & White Denim. Hadn't heard him before tonight. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This is in Classifieds?

Err, Gary not exactly hidden his light under a bushel so I’m a bit surprised he’s new to you. The studio albums are a bit of an acquired taste as he doesn’t stick to this kind of formula although the live stuff is more straight blues.

I first knew of him through one of the Clapton Crossroads DVD’s where he is the absolute star of the event. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    GCJ is cool as.  Saw him live last year: electrifying.  Don't rate the albums particularly: too much hip hop production for this meat and potatoes man.  But wow, can he play!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • The live album is great. Not so keen on the studio stuff. He really rips it up live though. Very gnarly guitar sound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This is in Classifieds?

Err, Gary not exactly hidden his light under a bushel so I’m a bit surprised he’s new to you. The studio albums are a bit of an acquired taste as he doesn’t stick to this kind of formula although the live stuff is more straight blues.

I first knew of him through one of the Clapton Crossroads DVD’s where he is the absolute star of the event. 

+1 amazing live, seen him twice and he doesn't disappoint
  • As above. Get the live album!
  • https://youtu.be/GELpPrm38xk

Cool appearance on Later, which happens normally for, err, nobody. 

Also it appears he’s on the Justice League soundtrack !

https://youtu.be/r7imYeuAfkg
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8592
    Moved to Music
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    This is in Classifieds?

Why the attitude? I clearly accidentally posted it here. 

He's new to me because I don't really listen to much blues, at least not contemporary blues. 
  • Loobs said:
    This is in Classifieds?

He's new to me because I don't really listen to much blues, at least not contemporary blues. 
    :astonished: but of friendly chit chat, even trying to be helpful, certainly no ‘attitude.’ 
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2533
    That was fucking brilliant. Thanks for posting :)
    Loobs said:
    This is in Classifieds?

:astonished: but of friendly chit chat, even trying to be helpful, certainly no ‘attitude.’ 
    OK, no problem. Just sounded a bit snarky. 
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1778
    I really like him. Proper good stuff. 

It's well worth watching his set from last year's Glastonbury too. Excellent stuff. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Loobs said:

Kinda reminds me of ... White Denim.  
    That reminds me. Did you hear the new song they teased on Twitter the other day? Sounds niiiiiiice.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

That's awesome. I really need to see them live. 
  • I often wonder what it is Gary has that makes what he does seem so authentic yet not simply backwards-looking / retro / pastiche? 
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    I often wonder what it is Gary has that makes what he does seem so authentic yet not simply backwards-looking / retro / pastiche? 

Talent.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • Plectrum said:
    I often wonder what it is Gary has that makes what he does seem so authentic yet not simply backwards-looking / retro / pastiche? 

Talent.
    Clearly :) what I'm interested in though, is how that manifests itself. That may be impossible to define or identify of course.
    Glasto set is ace. What a cool motherfucker, too.