Reverb.com question.

What's Hot
adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
I've never used it before only browsed.

If something is listed is it generally assumed that it is still available? 

Anything else I should be cautious with?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16543
    I would assume it’s still available, but it’s rare things are only sold on reverb so always a chance it sold elsewhere moments before
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    thanks. i seen something I really like but i've sent the seller a few messages with a couple of questions but no reply. they are in the uk. don't want to go through the whole checkout stuff and not end up with a guitar. 
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited November 2017
    Ive just started using Reverb to sell and 'touch wood' five sales in have had mainly a good experience. I get alot of questions and always try to answer within 24 hrs or so. I have also received alot of requests to send items abroad which i dont/wont do. Give the seller the benefit but any more than a couple of questions without a response would probably mean i would personally avoid and look elsewhere.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16543
    Ive just started using Reverb to sell and 'touch wood' five sales in have had mainly a good experience. I get alot of questions and always try to answer within 24 hrs or so. I get also receive alot of requests to send items abroad which i dont/wont do. Give the seller the benefit but any more than a couple of questions without a response would probably mean i would personally avoid and look elsewhere.
    I have had a few “that’s a great price, I assume postage is included” from quite a few overseas bidders.   It seems to work better if you give a price for each possible country, if not many assume it’s free
  • I've had some good experience with Reverb recently both as buyer and seller. I stick to UK based auctions and only ever via PayPal but so far, so good!
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    I bought a guitar from Reverb, good transaction, no issues, but the ad was still on there 2 months later, I guess the seller does this 
    to delay the commission payment.
  • adamm82 said:

Hey Adam, pm me the link and I can take a look for you
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

Remember to check out our Bank Holiday Sale 15% off New, Used and Vintage
    https://reverb.com/uk/sales/bank-holiday-sale

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    Whatever you do, do not deal with Fire Guitars. Ever. 
  • rico said:
    Whatever you do, do not deal with Fire Guitars. Ever. 
    I booted them off this time last year
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited November 2017
    My biggest problem is guessing on international shipping. I'd like to be able to make all my sales available worldwide* as that gives you a massive boost in potential customers. @iain.reverb ;; is there any plan to include a guide shipping price or even a shipping service like evil bay do? 

*except for rosewood guitars... Nobody needs that aggravation in their lives! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    adamm82 said:

Hey Adam, pm me the link and I can take a look for you
    Thanks! will do.
  • My biggest problem is guessing on international shipping. I'd like to be able to make all my sales available worldwide* as that gives you a massive boost in potential customers. @iain.reverb ;; is there any plan to include a guide shipping price or even a shipping service like evil bay do? 

We do have links to shipping calculators on the shipping guide page. https://reverb.com/uk/page/shipping-guide.
    They are primarily US and Canadian focused though. For my own sales, I tend to gather approx quotes from parcel2go or Parcelmonkey and use those. We are about to launch a shipping labels service where the buyer/seller can purchase UPS labels via the site. This will be great for UK/US/AUS/Japan shipping. We are looking at an end to end shipping system, like e*ay but this could be the latter part of next year. If you are looking at selling definitely consider shipping to the EU, I've ran the numbers on it and sellers that ship outside the UK sell 30% more than ones who don't. Sales outside of the UK tend to go for higher money as well. 

• My biggest problem is guessing on international shipping. I'd like to be able to make all my sales available worldwide* as that gives you a massive boost in potential customers. @iain.reverb ;; is there any plan to include a guide shipping price or even a shipping service like evil bay do? 

We do have links to shipping calculators on the shipping guide page. https://reverb.com/uk/page/shipping-guide.
    They are primarily US and Canadian focused though. For my own sales, I tend to gather approx quotes from parcel2go or Parcelmonkey and use those. We are about to launch a shipping labels service where the buyer/seller can purchase UPS labels via the site. This will be great for UK/US/AUS/Japan shipping. We are looking at an end to end shipping system, like e*ay but this could be the latter part of next year. If you are looking at selling definitely consider shipping to the EU, I've ran the numbers on it and sellers that ship outside the UK sell 30% more than ones who don't. Sales outside of the UK tend to go for higher money as well. 
    Good to know! Thanks Iain! 

With things like this in the pipeline, at least for us music types... Twatbay are going to lose out. 

Out of interest, do you have access to numbers for the growth of reverb in the U.K.? Just in the time I've been using it I've started to see a lot more uk stuff on there.

With things like this in the pipeline, at least for us music types... Twatbay are going to lose out. 

Out of interest, do you have access to numbers for the growth of reverb in the U.K.? Just in the time I've been using it I've started to see a lot more uk stuff on there.
    Not a problem ! Yes I do have access to them, but I probably need to be a little vague due to confidentiality and so I don't get the sack ! but its grown approx 700% in UK listings in the last year the other numbers like new users etc are significantly higher percentage wise. Sorry thats vague but I need to err on the side of confidentiality. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Not a problem ! Yes I do have access to them, but I probably need to be a little vague due to confidentiality and so I don't get the sack ! but its grown approx 700% in UK listings in the last year the other numbers like new users etc are significantly higher percentage wise. Sorry thats vague but I need to err on the side of confidentiality. 
    Understood! Thank you again. Personally, for music stuff, I don't see the need to go anywhere near that other place again

• My biggest problem is guessing on international shipping. I'd like to be able to make all my sales available worldwide* as that gives you a massive boost in potential customers. @iain.reverb ;;; is there any plan to include a guide shipping price or even a shipping service like evil bay do? 

Understood! Thank you again. Personally, for music stuff, I don't see the need to go anywhere near that other place again
    That's great to hear. Its been the hardest 18 months I've ever spent in any job, but its also been immensely satisfying making it grow. Theres still a lot to be done, but we are heading in the right direction. The real success of Reverb stems from private buyers and sellers like yourself.  If any forum members need a hand or want to dip their toe into it via a free listing code let me know.

• Free listing codes... Hmm... 

I personally don't have an issue with paying a reasonable fee to a good site to connect me with a buyer. And the reverb fees are reasonable. I've not been tempted to do a deal outside, because that won't help them grow. I think that's the main beef people have with that other mob... They want a slice of the pie that's too big and are prepared to ride tough shod over their customers to get it. 

Congrats on a job well done mate and I wish you guys continued success. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Free listing codes... Hmm... 

I personally don't have an issue with paying a reasonable fee to a good site to connect me with a buyer. And the reverb fees are reasonable. I've not been tempted to do a deal outside, because that won't help them grow. I think that's the main beef people have with that other mob... They want a slice of the pie that's too big and are prepared to ride tough shod over their customers to get it. 

Congrats on a job well done mate and I wish you guys continued success. 
    I agree with @Legionreturns here.
    I have had good experiences in the last year, both as buyer and seller, and the fees are fair.  I would absolutely love it if Reverb could grow but maintain a community feel and become the first port of call for music related sales.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What are the seller fees on Reverb? Was thinking of putting my Gretsch on Reverb as well. Do they just take a %?
  • Around 3% I think. importantly they have a sensible feedback policy too. 

Great to see decent competition for eBay at last.